Wow, why did they let Gastelum back to WW?

haha definitely Rumble weight...he will miss weight next fight and then come back at 205.

IF he misses weight this time they should send him packing. Hate to lose talented fighters, but enough is enough. The guy obviously didn't like being at 185 and has been pretty vocal about it, sending him back up after another failure to make weight would a waste of time and money for all involved.
Lose? You aren't losing anything.

Lol @ this sense of entitlement.

Kelvin said after the last fight that he was too small for 185. Maybe he begged Dana and told him he won't fight unless it's at 170

I think the natural reaction everyone seems to have with "Stay as low as possible!" is a bit of a cop out in truth. I understand not wanting to be the smallest guy in the division but sometimes the thing to do is roll with it and pack ON some meat and enjoy not being depleted.

KG is a good, talented guy. But I think he's a massive cutter and without the IVs, he's either going to take the risk of coming in over or going to have to drop some REAL mass and then not be as big/strong/etc as he likes being anyway. If he does do the cut, he runs the very real risk of going against a guy with one of the highest work rates and paces in the WW division and burning out by the first or second round.

And Brown isn't a point fighter. If you're gassed for a whole round with him, he's going to find a finish.

Dana should than let Lineker return fo FLW

He officially missed weight four times before he got booted out of the division, which is pretty damn generous. I'm not sure there has been another UFC fighter who was afforded the same.

Aside from having twice as many misses as Gastelum in about the same number of fights, Lineker muddying the title picture by failing to make weight consistently is why he likely won't get another chance at 125. He knocked off a contender in McCall but they couldn't capitalize on that because he absolutely cannot be trusted to make weight for a title fight. You can't have a guy derailing your contenders while also unable to be a contender himself.

Letting him have another attempt would be really unwarranted, regardless of whatever they do with any other fighter with weight issues.

He SHOULD be at WW...he is too small for MW. He just needs to stop eating so many goddamn tacos

Back