Wow, why did they let Gastelum back to WW?

Dana's not as badass as he thinks he is

Lol lack of match-ups for a temporary stay at 185.

The temporary return to 185 was punitive. His sentence has now been reduced.

I think it's good, when i heard is next fight was against Matt Brown i got excited again. I can't imagine Gastelum vs Weid/Rock/Rome/Machi it just feels bizzare.

He def CAN make the weight.

I hope KG gets his shit under control. It's just pure lazyness

Does the weight class he fights at, have any affect on you? I'm only asking because I don't see why this would bother anyone. If he misses weight, send him back to 185. If he continues to make weight, he learned his lesson. Either way, from a fans perspective , I just like seeing the best fighters fight. No one should be rustled at Dana letting him drop back down to welter weight.

Does the weight class he fights at, have any affect on you? I'm only asking because I don't see why this would bother anyone. If he misses weight, send him back to 185. If he continues to make weight, he learned his lesson. Either way, from a fans perspective , I just like seeing the best fighters fight. No one should be rustled at Dana letting him drop back down to welter weight.

IF he misses weight this time they should send him packing. Hate to lose talented fighters, but enough is enough. The guy obviously didn't like being at 185 and has been pretty vocal about it, sending him back up after another failure to make weight would a waste of time and money for all involved.

Very risky for Kelvin to move down to fight someone like Brown, if he gets utterly pasted, like Brown's very capable of doing, it gives Dana a good platform to be all "FOKKIN' TOLD YOU SO, KELVIN!"

If he misses weight again his next fight should be at LHW

given the impending IV ban, it sure seems like a strange move for the UFC to allow.

ultimately the pressure is on Gastelum though, or else suffer a potentially worse consequence than merely being forced up to 185...

It does fuck shit up though if he comes down, misses weight and then takes out a contender. And missing weight twice in three fights is pretty fucking bad. He was always going to get another chance though, so whatever. If he misses again though he's got to banned from the division, permanently. Hopefully he's ready to take this shit seriously.

The fights I want to see are at 170.

I'm guessing that KG went to Dana and made some very specific promises. IE, if he misses weight he'll go back up without bringing it up again for X amount of time or never again.

Dana's not going to be completely unreasonable. If KG's heart is 100% dead set on going to WW, it's in Dana's interest to give him one more chance with very stiff conditions. IE, miss weight and you're back up to 185 and he doesn't ask again for the next 1-2 years.

It's less of a pain to let him try one more time than to deal with him lobbying for the weight change for the next several years.

we should all just be happy that Kelvin got a job...way to go Kelvin!

Dana should than let Lineker return fo FLW

Back