Wow. Overeem looked great!

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Both his performance and how fit he looked.

<mma4>

That GnP was gnarly.

Smashed homies head thru the canvas.

quite literally demolished him, sounded like he was hitting him in the face with his old Pride hammer rather than his fists

I wonder why......

<puh-lease75>

Of course, it was the first round. He's known exactly for being dangerous early in fights. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on some shit still though, lol

Reem is insane he's like zombie that keeps coming back. Needs to fight Vampire Hunter Diego imo, somethings up Reem needs to be exorcised

Reem is insane he's like zombie that keeps coming back. Needs to fight Vampire Hunter Diego imo, somethings up Reem needs to be exorcised

Overeem is a front runner, but his ability to come back from brutal losses must be one of the best we've seen in MMA? He has been KO'd like 15 times and still seems unphased mentally.

Overeem is my favorite fighter and so glad to wake up seeing he won.
However, I wish he would retire instead of saying “I’m back”.
Awesome win against a powerful guy who everyone said was gonna easily starch Reem.

If he wants to get that title shot again and have hopes of being champ this is how he should fight going forward. Clinch, do damage, get the take down and use his GNP.

Reem always looks great when he's the hammer, and not so great when he's the nail.

Reem always look good....before viciously being highlight reel KOed in his next fight,

He s the true definition of a glass canon

Seeing Overeem's hand being raised in the octagon is always so refreshing. What a warrior.

Overeem is a front runner, but his ability to come back from brutal losses must be one of the best we've seen in MMA? He has been KO'd like 15 times and still seems unphased mentally.

That's what always struck me as well. We've seen guys deteriorate where they previously weren't getting KO'd and then it happens frequently- Chuck, Rashad- but Reem has been brutally finished in many of his losses and that's been the case throughout his career, not a function of aging or wear and tear. No one really clamors for the guy to call it a career (which is the case with almost every fighter of a certain age who loses by a KO) when something bad happens because he's seemingly always bounced back without issue.

Great performance but he didn't look too good at striking exchange. Anyway, good job reem

He's always seemed to me like an intelligent and composed guy. Supremely confident, but not delusionally so. His career longevity reflects his dedication and focus.

I wonder why......

<puh-lease75>
tenor.gif

He's about to hit his prime you guys

Sad thing is, as good as Reem looked here, it just means he's sticking around to get KOed again.

Don't get me wrong, I was impressed. But he's been brutally stopped too many times and there's more to come if he keeps fighting.

Back