Law Wow! Edward Gallagher, SEAL Trump pardoned is a piece of garbarge

Shut the fuck up boy.

You don't kill women and children who are non-combatants. This is coming from a guy who actually spent multiple tours over there, while your fat ass sat behind a keyboard and ran your mouth. You won't find a single grunt on here championing this shit, and you would crumble under the weight of any one of our jockstraps.

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

He wasn’t pardoned by Trump, the navy failed bringing charges against him because they fucked up the case. They brought lesser charges and demoted him, Trump reinstated his rank and told the navy it could not be revued.

I guess my phone messed that up, I was saying they should talk to the whole unit about Edward and what the majority say about him.

Well the criminal trial is over, so it's mute at this point.

But you had seven members of his platoon testifying that they witnessed this. By "unit," who do you mean? The members that actually operated with him? The whole SEAL team, even those that had no first hand knowledge of the events in question? The whole Naval Special Warfare Community? Everyone who had driven onto Coronado within the past decade?

That's not how you conduct a criminal trial. You had testimony that Gallagher committed these acts. You run those down and see if there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. You don't just rely on the aggregate of character testimony and leave it at that. Hell, we all thought OJ was a swell guy, until he murdered two people.

Wow reading into all this, TS is a good one sided hit job.

Well the criminal trial is over, so it's mute at this point.

But you had seven members of his platoon testifying that they witnessed this. By "unit," who do you mean? The members that actually operated with him? The whole SEAL team, even those that had no first hand knowledge of the events in question? The whole Naval Special Warfare Community? Everyone who had driven onto Coronado within the past decade?

That's not how you conduct a criminal trial. You had testimony that Gallagher committed these acts. You run those down and see if there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. You don't just rely on the aggregate of character testimony and leave it at that. Hell, we all thought OJ was a swell guy, until he murdered two people.
I wasn't talking about the trial more of information in the public. He's a decorated valor many times, two bronze stars a lot of good things about his career. The trail was all about witness testimony, some of those never liked his leadership style. But the Navy messed up not investigating all this in the first place. You seen combat right? what as your MO? much respect for that, I know we are usually on opposite side of politics but I still respect you. I have worked and do work in the ME but never enlisted. Did you ever come across some rouge almost Rambo things like this guy was accused of?

This situation seems shady and in flux. Too little information to really come down hard on a conclusion.

Guess who politicized potential war crimes, though? That’s right, none other than the great dunce himself.

lots of ill-informed idiots in this thread, last 2 post and the ts for starters

I wasn't talking about the trial more of information in the public. He's a decorated valor many times, two bronze stars a lot of good things about his career. The trail was all about witness testimony, some of those never liked his leadership style. But the Navy messed up not investigating all this in the first place.

Well I think his defense made that argument adequately enough during the trial. I'm not sure how much the NCIS did, or even could, run it down. I think the appropriate course of action for the prosecution was just to run down the facts as much as they could. Unfortunately, it was almost a year after the events in question that they launched the investigation, and much of the physical evidence was lost at this point. So they relied on witness testimony. I hope they took potential bias into account, but it's unclear if any of Gallagher's complaints were valid enough to look into.
I'm skeptical of his claims that it was his whole team out to get him because he was too demanding of a leader for two reasons: 1) Now I'm not a Team guy; never went through BUDs and was never a SEAL. But I worked with them on a few occasions both stateside and in Iraq. I just find it hard to believe that all these guys were "pussies" and ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s" (Gallaghers' words) that were just too scared to handle his leadership style and sought to torpedo his career in such an outlandish fashion. Are we really going to believe that damn near his whole team fabricated these acts just to get rid of him? He'd just be replaced, and I doubt their operational tempo would change at all. They'd still be out there patrolling the same region and running the same ops. Their claims also fit with his boasts that were recorded in texts he sent out to friends boasting of "sending burka's flying," and "putting people out of their misery." Claims that his defense say were just dark humor. I just don't see their guys risking their careers and hard earned reputation by just straight up fabricating this stuff. 2) You'd think that if these guys had it out for him unfairly, his defense would have shown some pattern of these claims. I don't recall hearing about these guys lodging any other complaints about him in addition to the ones that got him arrested. And Gallagher himself hadn't taken any actions against any of these teammates for any supposed cowardice or dereliction of duty before hand. His counterclaims seem totally reactionary, and that seems fishy to me.

You seen combat right? what as your MO? much respect for that, I know we are usually on opposite side of politics but I still respect you. I have worked and do work in the ME but never enlisted. Did you ever come across some rouge almost Rambo things like this guy was accused of?

I was an 0321, Reconnaissance Marine with 1st Radio Bn (which is now 3rd Radio Bn) stationed out of Kaneohe Bay, HI. I was attached to 1st Recon Bn during the initial invasion of Iraq, up until we reached Baghdad, at which point me and my six-man team were pulled to support Task Force Tarawa for the push up north into Tikrit.
I never saw anything resembling the charges against Gallagher, and can't imagine anything like that going unreported. I'm willing to give a lot of leeway to people in war, given the circumstances such as extreme stress, confusion, and they fact that the insurgency was constantly throwing out bullshit claims as a form of propaganda. I'm even willing to overlook stuff like posing with a corpse (although such stuff is fucking stupid and if it leaks, give our enemies a great PR and recruiting talking point). War is a bloody business, and things that may appear awful and vicious are kinda just part of the package. But the claims against Gallagher were more than just him being overly aggressive or careless with overwhelming firepower. They were claims that this dude straight up shot unarmed civilians and knifed a POW. Claims like that have to be investigated. You can't intentionally target unarmed civilians like that. It's murder, wartime or not.

Anyway, I appreciate your compliments. I'll admit that I've often been the first to throw insults due to our political disagreements, and I'm wrong for doing so. Despite many of us standing on the opposite side of the aisle, I think we all want whats best for our country and should remember that the other guys wants the same, we just disagree on how we should get there. So for any uncalled for insults, I apologize.

Well I think his defense made that argument adequately enough during the trial. I'm not sure how much the NCIS did, or even could, run it down. I think the appropriate course of action for the prosecution was just to run down the facts as much as they could. Unfortunately, it was almost a year after the events in question that they launched the investigation, and much of the physical evidence was lost at this point. So they relied on witness testimony. I hope they took potential bias into account, but it's unclear if any of Gallagher's complaints were valid enough to look into.
I'm skeptical of his claims that it was his whole team out to get him because he was too demanding of a leader for two reasons: 1) Now I'm not a Team guy; never went through BUDs and was never a SEAL. But I worked with them on a few occasions both stateside and in Iraq. I just find it hard to believe that all these guys were "pussies" and ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s" (Gallaghers' words) that were just too scared to handle his leadership style and sought to torpedo his career in such an outlandish fashion. Are we really going to believe that damn near his whole team fabricated these acts just to get rid of him? He'd just be replaced, and I doubt their operational tempo would change at all. They'd still be out there patrolling the same region and running the same ops. Their claims also fit with his boasts that were recorded in texts he sent out to friends boasting of "sending burka's flying," and "putting people out of their misery." Claims that his defense say were just dark humor. I just don't see their guys risking their careers and hard earned reputation by just straight up fabricating this stuff. 2) You'd think that if these guys had it out for him unfairly, his defense would have shown some pattern of these claims. I don't recall hearing about these guys lodging any other complaints about him in addition to the ones that got him arrested. And Gallagher himself hadn't taken any actions against any of these teammates for any supposed cowardice or dereliction of duty before hand. His counterclaims seem totally reactionary, and that seems fishy to me.

I was an 0321, Reconnaissance Marine with 1st Radio Bn (which is now 3rd Radio Bn) stationed out of Kaneohe Bay, HI. I was attached to 1st Recon Bn during the initial invasion of Iraq, up until we reached Baghdad, at which point me and my six-man team were pulled to support Task Force Tarawa for the push up north into Tikrit.
I never saw anything resembling the charges against Gallagher, and can't imagine anything like that going unreported. I'm willing to give a lot of leeway to people in war, given the circumstances such as extreme stress, confusion, and they fact that the insurgency was constantly throwing out bullshit claims as a form of propaganda. I'm even willing to overlook stuff like posing with a corpse (although such stuff is fucking stupid and if it leaks, give our enemies a great PR and recruiting talking point). War is a bloody business, and things that may appear awful and vicious are kinda just part of the package. But the claims against Gallagher were more than just him being overly aggressive or careless with overwhelming firepower. They were claims that this dude straight up shot unarmed civilians and knifed a POW. Claims like that have to be investigated. You can't intentionally target unarmed civilians like that. It's murder, wartime or not.

Anyway, I appreciate your compliments. I'll admit that I've often been the first to throw insults due to our political disagreements, and I'm wrong for doing so. Despite many of us standing on the opposite side of the aisle, I think we all want whats best for our country and should remember that the other guys wants the same, we just disagree on how we should get there. So for any uncalled for insults, I apologize.

I see your points it's pretty thought out it's hard to argue for the defense on that. Maybe he should of did a year or two for the negligence/ bad conduct.

I appreciate the 2nd paragraph and thanks for that service you did politics or not. Yea I think in the WR we all get into the insulting flame fest even if not warranted I am sure I came at you that way many times before. I think it's because we see some dumb or a lot of post sometimes in a row of the opposites opinion and you think " well F those stupid idiots" and then we unload on someone in that group.
I definitely will try to be more civil with you even if your opinion drives me up the wall lol. I generally try to post with intellectual honesty, for example you say " Trump says stupid things" You won't see me disagree with that even though we will argue about him being a criminal or whatever. Your opinion is great in this thread and thanks for sharing. I have been on FoB's in Afghanistan that get attacked, rockets and missiles shot at daily and etc and the uniforms are between I (Dirty contractor) and danger.
I can never give enough thanks to those people and damn our political opinions on those situations.

Edit Sorry for the bad grammar work is busy, i work 12's a day every single day while I am out here no days off.

Last edited:
What exactly was the "bombshell"?
They used the guy to practice treating various types of wounds. Gallagher stabbed the guy in the neck to test how to perform a tracheotomy for example

“We killed that guy,” Gallagher continued. “Our intention was to kill him. Everybody was on board.”

“I mean, he was going to die, regardless,” Gallagher said. “We weren’t taking any prisoners.”

“Everybody knew what was going on,” Gallagher said. “It’s the only truthful thing to this whole process; and then the rest of it just is like a bunch of contorted lies to, like, pin that whole scenario on me.”

“I didn’t stab him,” Gallagher continued. “I didn’t stab that dude. That dude died from all the medical treatments that were done – and there was plenty of medical treatments that were done to him.”

When asked why he cut an emergency airway in the ISIS fighter’s throat, Gallagher replied: “Just for practice. I was practicing to see how fast I could do one in.”

Gallagher said he didn’t tell his leadership about how the ISIS fighter had died when it became clear that he could be prosecuted for it.

“At that point, my intuition kicked in and I was like: I’m not talking to anybody about – even though I’m, like, innocent, I knew to keep my mouth shut.”

In fact, Parlatore filed a motion in May 2019 arguing that the prosecution was attempting to conceal evidence that after Gallagher initially tried to save the ISIS fighter’s life, the platoon’s medic allegedly “began using the newly dead or nearly dead ISIS fighter as a training aid to practice performing medical procedures.”

“When the terrorist came in, they did the initial assessment and they knew that he was going to die,” Parlatore said. “There was no way that he was surviving this thing. And, exactly what he said there: They decided – ok, he’s going to die anyway, let’s use this as an opportunity for training. We’ll just do procedures on him.”

Moreover, Parlatore claimed it is a “common practice” for young doctors across the country to practice their skills on patients who are brought to the emergency room and not likely to survive.

They used the guy to practice treating various types of wounds. Gallagher stabbed the guy in the neck to test how to perform a tracheotomy for example

I did not here Gallagher say he performed the tracheotomy in that clip. I believe during the trial, it was determined that someone else had performed the tracheotomy.

Back