Law Wow! Edward Gallagher, SEAL Trump pardoned is a piece of garbarge

That’s not accurate though. VC or Charlie were more adopted and creative terms than combatant at that time. We have always used that term, it just describes the major players. Civilians are not referred to as enemy combatants either, that designation comes with a strict guideline that is easily searchable.

We can’t definitively say what Gallagher is guilty of because of some pretty blatant lies like he stabbed this isis fighter to death. Which was thought to be the case based off of testimony from the junior seals on the team till the Corpsmen admitted he killed the isis fighter by hold his breathing tube so that he wouldn’t suffer from injuries sustained in an engagement that took place before this incident.

Gallagher has done some disgraceful, idiotic shit that a leader should absolutely refrain from, but he is the product of garbage foreign policy and an insanely high deployment tempo. I can’t say either way how terrible of a person he is because it’s difficult to sift through what’s total bullshit and what isn’t at this point.

The Vietcong were treated as enemy soldiers by the law. The Bush Administration created the term enemy combatant, so they didn't have to give them the rights of enemy soldiers, or of foreign civilians.

We are another bush admin away from American citizens being called enemy combatants now.

Edit: I take that back, Obama did that already did when he drone bombed that 16 year old.

The Vietcong were treated as enemy soldiers by the law. The Bush Administration created the term enemy combatant, so they didn't have to give them the rights of enemy soldiers, or of foreign civilians.

We are another bush admin away from American citizens being called enemy combatants now.

Edit: I take that back, Obama did that already did when he drone bombed that 16 year old.
How do you feel about the terms lawful, and unlawful combatant?

Trump literally pardoned a murderer, a guy who tortured kids. Be very proud.

How do you feel about the terms lawful, and unlawful combatant?

I think a person is either a enemy soldier, or a civilian.

Fuck, call them a enemy combatant all you want, I just don't like having anyone with no legal rights. That puts us all half a step away from not having any legal rights.

Nope. International law makes a clear distinction between lawful recognized armies that are agents of a State, like the Vietcong; and stateless jihadi fucktwats who run around in civilian garb.

This was not a creation of Bush administration.

Who was not the target of the strike and was standing next to a handful of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula members when he got hit. You tend to leave these important details out in your quest to paint America in the worst possible light. Even Howard Zinn would be ashamed.

Nope. International law makes a clear distinction between lawful recognized armies that are agents of a State, like the Vietcong; and stateless jihadi fucktwats who run around in civilian garb.

This was not a creation of Bush administration.

Who was not the target of the strike and was standing next to a handful of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula members when he got hit. You tend to leave these important details out in your quest to paint America in the worst possible light. Even Howard Zinn would be ashamed.

Stateless?

I thought Saudi Arabia was recognized by the UN.

Have you ever been called a bootlicker before?

Well, if not, you have now.

I think we found one of the few real never Trumper neo-cons that didn't used to work for the Washington Post before Bezos bought it.

Is he related to the Gallagher?
giphy.gif

Our warfighters should not be trying to emulate Isis.

Stateless?

I think we found one of the few real never Trumper neo-cons that didn't used to work for the Washington Post before Bezos bought it.

While I fully understand Wahhabism and Saudi Arabia’s role you can’t be serious with this shit.

And I think people like you are why Jews got burned in ovens. No character.
Excuse me? ISIS fighters facing the same type of inhumane death they have caused is not the same as killing innocent people, entire fucking families sometimes, simply because they were jewish. It's not even remotely close! FFS!

Excuse me? ISIS fighters facing the same type of inhumane death they have caused is not the same as killing innocent people, entire fucking families sometimes, simply because they were jewish. It's not even remotely close! FFS!
He's not making an equivalence between Jewish people and Isis, he's making an equivalence between the mentality of stand'by citizens then and now.

Ever seen anyone try and claim an unlawful order?

I have, and it wasn't pretty. I would recommend to any active duty folks, not to do it.
Yes I have, I have been active duty for 16 years. Doing the right thing isn't easy but it still has to be done. In this situation you know they let Gallagher get away with similar antics for years. You don't make SNCO without other people vouching for you in the Navy. I wonder about the stuff they didn't talk about.

So he was cleared by a military jury but somehow Trump is wrong by clearing him too?!

Stateless?

He is right. The Geneva Convention covers civilians and the uniformed personnel of signatories. It does not cover terrorists, saboteurs, or spies. Otherwise every country would be free to use those tactics. Saudi Arabia does not officially support ISIS, and ISIS members are not out wearing the SA's uniforms either. So whether or not there are elements within the SA government that covertly support them that is not the same thing as them being SA uniformed Army operating in Syria or Iraq.

The power to pardon is a dictatorial power. There are a ton of systematic and corruption issues in this country. The America that is sold to the public is a lie, and I think people are starting to get angry and aggressive because that facade is cracking.

For correctly stating international law? No. You're the first idiot to do so. Give yourself a cookie.

I thought Saudi Arabia was recognized by the UN..

Do you understand the difference between a recognized member of the Saudi military operating in uniform under orders from his own country, and some dipshit intentionally trying to blend into the civilian population who wasn't even from S.A. and who's only connection you could make to them would be a vague connection to the Kingdom of Jihad's funding of radical schools and his similar theology?

Do you understand the purpose of international law's distinction between armed combatants and unlawful ones? It's pretty clear that jihadi's and members of the Islamic state are not members of the former, and are correctly not proscribed the protections that a formal military service member would receive.

I'm pretty open about being a tried and true liberal around here. Nice try at slander though.

Talk to the whole u it see what majority says that would be interesting

Back