Wow Dominick Cruz Got Jones/Gus and Barao/Wineland Prediction Spot On

Cruz always seems very knowledgeable when talking about fights, and he is obviously very well spoken.

Cant't wait for him to get back in the cage

Yeah I really don't understand giving Jon round 5 just because Gus appeared to be a tired. He was still out boxing Jones despite his fatigue.

As an analyst he shows amazing insight. He teaches me something every time I watch him. He needs to develop a better on air personality because he always looks angry but the guy knows his stuff.

Did not nearly get KOed. Getting stung =/= almost KOed. He tired like a normal human and still outstruck Jones in the 5th.

Did nearly get knocked out. Said in an interview he was seeing stars after that spinning elbow. You take one of those things from Jones that landed cleanly on his dome...and tell me how you feel. Said he was fine up until then, but couldn't recover between rounds and that took all of his energy right out of him. But yes, normal humans in five round fights like those two engaged in get tired.

Cruz is the man. Smart as a whip, personable, good ambassador for the sport. Should not still be the champ, though. Should have been stripped.

Ya maybe it wasn't super spot on like some posters had to point out but it was a million times better than everyone else's prediction which was Jones via destruction or Jones by whatever he wants.

He's smart in and outside the cage.

Cruz always seems very knowledgeable when talking about fights, and he is obviously very well spoken.

Cant't wait for him to get back in the cage

Me either.

Cruz vs Barao will be an amazing fight, although Cruz's octagon rust will likely show

Bright guy with good insight...
except Alex didn't win and Alex did get tired.

And I didn't post this to argue, so please don't tell me your opinion of the fight, or whether the scorecards were right or wrong.

Well, he just gave him the edge anyway, and wasn't expectant of a victory. The most important part of the analysis is that Gus did dictate the fight.

They were both pretty tired, but I don't know that you can ever be totally prepared for a war like that.

That's why he is right when he says he can beat Barao.

He rooted for his team mate, and called the fight incorrectly at that. He said barao vs wineland would be a grappling victory for barao.

He was wrong on both counts. Why are we supposed to be impressed?

He's by far the UFCs best analyst. Puts Chael/Cormier/etc to shame when it actually comes to breaking down fights

My all time favorite was when Chael said Formiga needed to keep the fight standing against Benavidez and use his range, while JoeB had to take it to the ground ASAP and use his GnP LOL

What I appreciated is what he stated he and Jones were friends and still gave his honest opinion. Also the fact that the Pro picks were like 3 for Gus and the fight could have easily gone to Gus as well. I wish more fighters could be like this when picking fights (talking to you Brazilian fighters!)

Cruz is usually pretty damn good with his predictions

Dom usually is spot on. Most of his predictions are rather close. His IQ in and out of the octagon is something to be impressed by.

That's why he is right when he says he can beat Barao.

He could have if it was 2 years ago. I'm a huge Domin8r fan but, I hope he still has his movements. The long layoff and the knee surgery worries me.

Hes a pretty smart person.I mean, who in the world can keep a belt for 2 years without fighting?

Good call

Back