Wow busy champs

you know that does not make any sense right?

Whether you are making $10k a fight or a $100k a fight, there is no reason you would want 2 fights a year and not 4 because 'the UFC is not paying you enough to fight 4 times a year'. You still make more money fighting 4 times and if you are winning you get to your next contact quicker where you can get more.

the reason so few fighters fight more than twice a year is because they are always fighting high level comp and that takes a bigger injury toll. In the old days that 3rd and 4th fight would have typically been against much lower level comp to build guys finish percent and highlight reel. That is why old school fighters like Wanderlei and Fedor have such good finish percentages back then.

"well that is what I am saying. The more your paid but that frankly isn't enough because if they lose their pay will drop eventually and that is what they want to avoid. They want to make as much EASY money as they can. The more the fight, the more risk they have losing and in turn make lose. Make sense?" - what I said earlier to someone

THE MORE YOU FIGHT, HIGHER RISK than fighting twice a year and have alot of time to heal and prepare for. LESS RISK of going down next contract. Why drain your contract quick and lose your high value when you can prolong it and be better prepared for fights. You have to factor in that these people are human. Fighting 4 times a year does not seem good for the body or brain with how much work goes into it and higher risk of losing their value

If we're only counting title fights, Jones fought three times in 2011 (four if we're not, twice if only defenses), and he defended four times between September 24, 2011 and September 22, 2012. Three times between April 27, 2013 and April 26, 2014.

He's been by far the most active champ in a long time. Behind him you got Hughes, who came in just a few weeks shy of four title fights in 12 months, and Frank Shamrock, who did have 4 titles fights in about 10 months but only the once.

Was only counting defenses and not title fights (otherwise Jones' is definitely in there with March, September and December) and trying to keep it within the strict timeframe of the Jan to December calendar stretch. I think that's what makes Mighty Mouse's run so impressive because it's rare to squeeze that into one "calendar" year.

well that is what I am saying. The more your paid but that frankly isn't enough because if they lose their pay will drop eventually and that is what they want to avoid. They want to make as much EASY money as they can. The more the fight, the more risk they have losing and in turn make lose. Make sense?

That's twisting his words and drawing inferences. His point was the more you're paid, the less you fight because you're not living paycheck to paycheck. That doesn't apply for everyone (Robbie Lawler gets paid like 200K a fight and is still out there whenever he wants to) but for the champions, it sort of makes sense.

well that is what I am saying. The more your paid but that frankly isn't enough because if they lose their pay will drop eventually and that is what they want to avoid. They want to make as much EASY money as they can. The more the fight, the more risk they have losing and in turn make lose. Make sense?

is english not your first language?

"well that is what I am saying. The more your paid but that frankly isn't enough because if they lose their pay will drop eventually and that is what they want to avoid. They want to make as much EASY money as they can. The more the fight, the more risk they have losing and in turn make lose. Make sense?" - what I said earlier to someone

THE MORE YOU FIGHT, HIGHER RISK than fighting twice a year and have alot of time to heal and prepare for. LESS RISK of going down next contract. Why drain your contract quick and lose your high value when you can prolong it and be better prepared for fights. You have to factor in that these people are human. Fighting 4 times a year does not seem good for the body or brain with how much work goes into it and higher risk of losing their value

jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16.jpg

Back