Wow busy champs

Gonzoplata**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cain will fight once this year
Jones will fight twice this year
Weidman will most likely fight once this year and then need a surgery, might fight a second time at the most
Hendricks will fight twice this year
Pettis will fight once this year (if that)
Aldo will fight twice this year
Barao fought twice this year, TJ will probably fight a second time this year
Johnson might only fight once this year, maybe a second time

So two fights are the most we are getting out of the champs, many fight only once. Accordingly we get exciting PPV main events like Johnson-Bagautinov, Barao-Faber 2 on a week's notice, Aldo-Lamas etc. Jones-DC will only happen next year, contenders at WW are queueing and might retire before their shot, almost the same goes for MW, LW is on total halt, the halt on HW only goes unnoticed because the division lacks depth.

Where are the times when we would get 2-3 mains per year with GSP, Anderson, Jones and others? When did champs become so injury prone?

Most of those champs are boring so I'm glad they don't fight. If Cain or Aldo retired I wouldn't really give a damn to be honest.

Even though im not the biggest fan of Rousey she does fight a ton. Jones did too tho before the toe injury

Secret Rousey support thread?
Either way, I support that notion.

War Honda.

Do not worry Rousey shall carry the company. Fedor is jealous. :icon_lol:

Jones has fought 8 time since March 2011, thats counting the Shogun fight when he won the belt (Dont forget he fought Bader just one month before that). That's what...8 fights in 39 months? 1 fight every 5 months... Plus the 7 fights before that between August 2008 and Feb 2011 - roughly 41 months if my math is right? so in 80 months, Jones has fought 15 times. Still once every 5ish months. I'd say he has been plenty busy. I could be off on numbers, I'm trying to do the math while looking like i'm paying attention in this meeting.

Jones has fought 8 time since March 2011, thats counting the Shogun fight when he won the belt (Dont forget he fought Bader just one month before that). That's what...8 fights in 39 months? 1 fight every 5 months... Plus the 7 fights before that between August 2008 and Feb 2011 - roughly 41 months if my math is right? so in 80 months, Jones has fought 15 times. Still once every 5ish months. I'd say he has been plenty busy. I could be off on numbers, I'm trying to do the math while looking like i'm paying attention in this meeting.

That's better than most. But still one fight every 5 months isn't overly much, that's just a bit more than twice a year. Other fighters fight 3 times a year. But I would already be happy if all champs fought AT LEAST - not: at most - twice a year. So we would have a title fight a co-main every now and then, we wouldn't have to worry about short notice injuries because of that and the divisons wouldn't get so clogged up.

Cain will fight once this year
Jones will fight twice this year
Weidman will most likely fight once this year and then need a surgery, might fight a second time at the most
Hendricks will fight twice this year
Pettis will fight once this year (if that)
Aldo will fight twice this year
Barao fought twice this year, TJ will probably fight a second time this year
Johnson might only fight once this year, maybe a second time

So two fights are the most we are getting out of the champs, many fight only once. Accordingly we get exciting PPV main events like Johnson-Bagautinov, Barao-Faber 2 on a week's notice, Aldo-Lamas etc. Jones-DC will only happen next year, contenders at WW are queueing and might retire before their shot, almost the same goes for MW, LW is on total halt, the halt on HW only goes unnoticed because the division lacks depth.

Where are the times when we would get 2-3 mains per year with GSP, Anderson, Jones and others? When did champs become so injury prone?

where are the time where we would get 2 mains per year you say? Well the time is now apparently, according to you. You mean 3-4 times a year? Those are long gone. UFC doesn't pay them enough to fight that many times a year.

That's better than most. But still one fight every 5 months isn't overly much, that's just a bit more than twice a year. Other fighters fight 3 times a year. But I would already be happy if all champs fought AT LEAST - not: at most - twice a year. So we would have a title fight a co-main every now and then, we wouldn't have to worry about short notice injuries because of that and the divisons wouldn't get so clogged up.

Most fighters aren't fighting guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Machida, Belfort, Gus, Glover 3x a year.

You're ignoring the fact that Weidman and Johnson will have fought within a year twice.

You're just going by the year 2014 which is ridiculous.

Within 12 months of their last fight I imagine Barao and Aldo will have fought 3 times.

Weidman and Johnson twice at a minimum.

Most of those champs are boring so I'm glad they don't fight. If Cain or Aldo retired I wouldn't really give a damn to be honest.

??

I think your into the wrong sport.

Those are two of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC.

Our champions fight 3/4 times a year was always the biggest BS Dana spouted.

yeah TS, it's not like injury hasn't played a factor.

Cain - Shoulder injury
Weidman - Knee injury
Hendricks - fucking bicep tear
Pettis - whatever he has.....he does get injured a lot

Barao has fought twice already, same as TJ

but forget injuries....lets just bitch hey?

The other thing that no one has mentioned is that more so than ever before, it's very difficult to not only fight a five round fight against a well-rounded competitor as well as to train for a five round fight.

Rousey has been able to beat her challengers quickly so it stands to reason that she would have a busier schedule.

??

I think your into the wrong sport.

Those are two of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC.

Aldo is the most boring fighter that I've ever seen. The last time than an Aldo fight mildly entertained me was in 2010. LOL at people still clinging on their "WEC Aldo". It's pathetic.

where are the time where we would get 2 mains per year you say? Well the time is now apparently, according to you. You mean 3-4 times a year? Those are long gone. UFC doesn't pay them enough to fight that many times a year.

Actually if you believe Rashad Evans, it's kind of the opposite. As Evans put it once on twitter, the more yer paid, the less likely guys are to take fights they don't feel like they have to take. This was in response to UFC 151/him turning down Glover on short notice in Brazil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back