• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you work for a company like ufc?

AdamWarlock

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
for all the people here who still work for a company and has a boss

let's say if you are a fighter

would you work for a predatory company like ufc in your industry? if said company is the number 1 company in the field you are in.

if the situation is this shitty company is dominating the market and you can either get ripped off by them by joining them and slave away, or you have to find smaller company in the same market and hinder your career, however you dont have to deal with a prick like dana white.

which would you choose

Last edited:
What do you mean by working? Dana treats his workers great and if you are talking about fighter, they are getting what they deserve. But i'm sure many burger flippers in here will say they would never work for a company like the UFC, ever for a 1M$ salary lolll

I would be a matchmaker or scout for the ufc if they paid me 7 figures and fly around the world. I'm not pushing pencils for em tho

I'd be happy to do expert commentary for them, like George Costanza I always say interesting comments during fights.

They haven't asked yet though, that's the real tragedy.

1 fighter has zero shot of making a difference going against the UFC. If I was a fighter I would gladly work for them. Try my best earn as much as I can. Fighters careers are really short, you need to make as much as you can while you still can.

Now would I work for Purdue Pharma, definitely not.

I definitely couldn’t work for a company like the UFC and have a boss like Dana White for a variety of reasons.

-I refuse to work for bald people.
-I can’t have a boss who has a female name.
-I can’t be seen in public wearing Rebook.
-I can’t have a boss who refers to me as “kid.
-I can’t work in a company where the top employees are alcoholic cocaine addicts.

I definitely couldn’t work for a company like the UFC and have a boss like Dana White for a variety of reasons.

-I can’t work in a company where the top employees are alcoholic cocaine addicts.

Ouuf

High level poste brather

for all the people here who still work for a company and has a boss

let's say if you are a fighter

would you work for a predatory company like ufc in your industry? if said company is the number 1 company in the field you are in.

if the situation is this shitty company is dominating the market and you can either get ripped off by them by joining them and slave away, or you have to find smaller company in the same market and hinder your career, however you dont have to deal with a prick like dana white.

which would you choose
If they paid me 200k a fight damn right I would. I would fight 8 times in 2 years and be a multi millionaire

plus they only pay you 15 percent of the purse. you do all the work they get all the money

If you were a fighter, would you rather make more money fighting in the biggest company or less money fighting in a smaller org? Man, what a tough question.

Hell yeah, if my parole wasn't in place and I could ditch my damn ankle monitor.

God knows.
But I think almost definitely yes. It would be cool to experience fighting and making money in other promotions first, especially in Asia (hard to leave a UFC contract once you're in), but everyone knows 90% of the best are in the UFC.
But if you're making 100K/fight after fighting in a small promotion a few years and have a fanbase and great work-life balance and the UFC offers you 15K, you might just say no.
Like a lot of things, it's all talk until you're in the situation.

Having gotten my career start working in a faith-based television station making sure charlatans like Pat Robertson could beg for 10% of viewers' incomes... yes, yes I would.

Back