Social Would you rather inherit 20 million dollars when you turn 18 or spend the time earning 100 million dollars in your lifetime?

What would you rather do?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
20 million when I turn 18 sounds more enticing to me.

I don't need that much, 20 million is more than enough for me.

And you never know how long you'll live.

I'll take the $20 million. I'll let 30 yr old me deal with the liver damage and bankruptcy.

tenor.gif

If I had that kind of money at 18 it would have probably been out the door on stupid shit faster than Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions. That said...a lobotomized clown could probably turn 20M into 100M over the course of a lifetime by investing without having to do a day of real work.

If I had that kind of money at 18 it would have probably been out the door on stupid shit faster than Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions. That said...a lobotomized clown could probably turn 20M into 100M over the course of a lifetime by investing without having to do a day of real work.
Pretty much came to post this. If I had 20 million at 18, with discipline that can be turned into well over 100 million by investing in real estate, ETFs, private equity, etc.

However, at 18 I had NO SUCH discipline.

with 20mil at 18, you could easily become a parasite(landlord) and be worth over 100m. You'd be a bad person, just like someone who steals the labor value of others to the tune of ("earns") 100m.

with 20mil at 18, you could easily become a parasite(landlord) and be worth over 100m. You'd be a bad person, just like someone who steals the labor value of others to the tune of ("earns") 100m.
Yea, you're not wrong. Truth be told, you don't need much to live comfortably. Anything beyond a specific threshold (depending on where you live) is extra and can be used to multiply your wealth with little effort. It's like joining a club. When you're in, you can invest and multiply your wealth. When you're not in, you're basically living paycheck to paycheck and making sacrifices to make ends meet.

20 Million at 18 when I am young and can enjoy seeing the world. I would start a travel blog and drink swill and sleep with exotic women.

Back