Social Would you rather everyone in the world be kinder and more compassionate or more intelligent?

Would you rather everyone in the world be kinder and more compassionate or more intelligent?

• Total voters
I'm leaning towards a kinder and more compassionate world.

How about you guys?
I think in general, people as a species are getting....

image.jpg

9febf1920c260ce991b102ef1718b7b402-25-trump-terry-crews.2x.h473.w710.jpg

but

MV5BMjA1MTc1NTg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM2MDEzNzE@._V1_.jpg

is getting very bad, so I'd go for kinder & more compassionate.

tumblr_m0sujhZ24z1rrdywqo1_400.gif

I'd go with kindnesdand compassionate if it extended to all humans. Problem is like all humans some extremely kind and compassionate people will turn out to be the most evil to others.

I mean compassion - is defined as the feeling that arises when you are confronted with another's suffering and feel motivated to relieve that suffering.

If its your family suffering youll be motivated to end their suffering at the cost of others if required. Its what compassion guides you to do... i doubt people will ever feel the same level of compassion as for strangers as their family. Regardless how much kinder and compassionate we become.

If you have two tribes and you're both starving. compassion for those closer to you will enable you to committ actions you necessarily wouldn't for yourself.

It's a boon and a curse imo so I'm leaning to intelligence atm

"Kind and compassionate" is the mentality that was used against us to inject countless people with an experimental "vaccine".

Intelligence without an emotion (like compassion) to limit its ambition, and you essentially just get a robot.....and we've all already explored the idea, via various movies and books, as to how that would play out.

Both scenarios fail without the other working in tandem to counter balance it.

I'd go with kindnesdand compassionate if it extended to all humans. Problem is like all humans some extremely kind and compassionate people will turn out to be the most evil to others.

I mean compassion - is defined as the feeling that arises when you are confronted with another's suffering and feel motivated to relieve that suffering.

If its your family suffering youll be motivated to end their suffering at the cost of others if required. Its what compassion guides you to do... i doubt people will ever feel the same level of compassion as for strangers as their family. Regardless how much kinder and compassionate we become.

If you have two tribes and you're both starving. compassion for those closer to you will enable you to committ actions you necessarily wouldn't for yourself.

It's a boon and a curse imo so I'm leaning to intelligence atm

This is a good point. "Compassion" is a complex idea and it cuts both ways. In some ways, compassion js the opposite of justice.

The conversation around oxytocin is relevant here. For a while, people thought it was the secret to human harmony, and would allow everyone to love each other like a big family.

The problem is that on some level loving someone necessarily means not loving, or even hating, their enemies. The concept of unconditional love as an example. Mothers will love and defend their children who are absolute criminal monsters. This love is necessarily entangled with disregarding others.

Kindness and Compassion isn't curing cancer.

Intelligence FTW.

However, in an ideal world, the correct answer would of course be: Both.
not too get all hippy dippy

but it doesn't say kinder and dumber.

you could argue that with kindness and compassion we could pour money from the military into science

and open trials and medications without the need for the economic side and cooperate to treat and cure cancer more effectively than the system we have

not too get all hippy dippy

but it doesn't say kinder and dumber.

you could argue that with kindness and compassion we could pour money from the military into science

and open trials and medications without the need for the economic side and cooperate to treat and cure cancer more effectively than the system we have

The poll offers a binary choice between Compassion/Kindness and Intelligence. While increased compassion might have a knock on effect in faster development of medical technology and less warfare, enhanced intelligence offers a more direct route.

"Kind and compassionate" is the mentality that was used against us to inject countless people with an experimental "vaccine".

Intelligence without an emotion (like compassion) to limit its ambition, and you essentially just get a robot.....and we've all already explored the idea, via various movies and books, as to how that would play out.

Both scenarios fail without the other working in tandem to counter balance it.

Which is why I said the best answer, which isn't offered by the poll, would be: Both

The poll offers a binary choice between Compassion/Kindness and Intelligence. While increased compassion might have a knock on effect in faster development of medical technology and less warfare, enhanced intelligence offers a more direct route.
not if the system works against them and you get a bunch of high IQ autists competing against each other for resources we are going the way of the imperium of man

not cure for cancer imo

Back