Would you rather be in jail for five years or be in a coma for a decade?

Would you rather be in jail for five years or be in a coma for a decade?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The jail is filled with all kinds of unpleasant people, so basically you got to watch your back.

Saying that I'd take coma for a decade.

GTY-Jail-MEM-170503_16x9_992.jpg

Or.

know_-coma_GettyImagessb10069454m-001_Thumb.jpg

I would take jail, as at least you get to be awake, learn a skill / new language or something.

The staying alive part would also be a challenge, and you'd have shit to remember.

If I lost ten years of my life (coma) I'd be old, might as well be dead at that point.

Only problem is that in jail, I might be forced into situations that would get me into extra years, IF that happened, I'd probably go to the guards and ask to go to solitary for the rest of my bid..

edit: both are terrible, plus from jail, I might be scarred for life after that.

I'd lose 5 less years of my life in jail. An easy choice because of the math alone. In addition to that I could work out, watch TV and read every day. I could even learn a trade while I'm in there and do some work. Staying active is much better than being a vegetable.

Last edited:
Jail. I would try to devote the time to read,and utilize the "monastic" aspects. I think the whole getting raped and killed thing is of course possible,but I think after a month or two,you'd settle in and be OK.

I could still have visits from family and friends. You never know if something happens and they die or move away by the time you wake up,or change too much.

A coma is just NOTHING. Jail doesnt HAVE to be LESS than Nothing,especially if it is only five years. You would still age in a Coma so that isnt a benefit either.

TBH this reminds me of when Cartman couldnt tolerate waiting three weeks for the Nintendo WII to come out,and tries to freeze himself,only to wake up and realize over a thousand years have passed.

I would take jail, as at least you get to be awake, learn a skill / new language or something.

The staying alive part would also be a challenge, and you'd have shit to remember.

If I lost ten years of my life (coma) I'd be old, might as well be dead at that point.

Only problem is that in jail, I might be forced into situations that would get me into extra years, IF that happened, I'd probably go to the guards and ask to go to solitary for the rest of my bid..

edit: both are terrible, plus from jail, I might be scarred for life after that.
When you come out of prison your life is messed up by being a felon for life. You cant vote or own a gun and even getting an apartment is hard as most place dont rent to felons.

I know that people who did long bids had developed strange habits. Someone needed to bar their windows,because it reminded them of their cell,and the thought of someone being able to get at them through a regular window was something they couldnt get over.

I think five years would be alot easier to do than 15 - 20 etc.

Jail, I would make alcoholic brews in a plastic bag, call my lover through the toilet telephone, send her down gifts I made out of toothpaste and hair, work out and get a nice, clean swastika tattoo on my back while preaching the Lords word in prison chapel.

When you come out of prison your life is messed up by being a felon for life. You cant vote or own a gun and even getting an apartment is hard as most place dont rent to felons.
I think this is getting too literal lol

Back