Would you like to see Valentina Shevchenko and Rose Namajunas fight?

Would you like to see these two fight?

• Total voters
I like both fighters so no. Valentina by any way she wants.

Not a single intelligent comment so far.

1. Valentina didn't cut any weight to fight at 135. In fact, she came in several pounds under the limit on more than one occasion. She cuts less weight than most of her opponents to make 125. She's certainly not a weight bully.

2. Rose wouldn't be undersized. Rose has always been one of the tallest strawweights and now that she's been bulking up, she also one of the heaviest. She weighed 128.2 lbs in her last fight-night weight check. People were saying Weili should move up. Rose had 3.4 lbs on her.

Rose 128.2.jpg

Rose and Valentina are the same height (if anything, Rose is slightly taller) and they walk around at a very similar weight (132-135 lbs).

3. Valentina hasn't "killed"/"murdered"/"destroyed" several opponents that are far inferior than Rose.

Valentina would have the strength advantage and probably win most times. I'd give Rose a better chance than any of the opponents Valentina has been facing at 125 though.

Weili is the one who wouldn't stand a chance in hell, because Valentina would take her down and keep her there for 25 minutes if she wanted to.

Rose is a better pure boxer, punches harder and has more creative BJJ than Valentina. She wouldn't try to outmuscle Val, but to outpoint her. Basically, the same thing Valentina did against Amanda. If Rose got taken down, she wouldn't be completely defenseless like Weili.

I'm not saying they would even entertain fighting each other nor that Rose would be the favorite, but completely dismissing Rose is just dumb.

Last edited:
They sparred before so it will be competitive. I just don't want to see it. The salt from Valentina will be on the next level that we never seen before if Rose just springs the challenge unto her.

My guess is Valentina grapple f's her. Not saying she couldn't win standing but it would be the easiest path.

1. Valentina didn't cut any weight to fight 135. In fact, she came in several pounds under the limit on more than one occasion. She cuts less weight than most of her opponents to make 125. She's certainly not a weight bully.

2. Rose wouldn't be undersized. Rose has always been one of the tallest strawweights and now that she's been bulking up, she also one of the heaviest. She weighed 128.2 lbs in her last fight-night weight check. People were saying Weili should move up. Rose had 3.4 lbs on her.

View attachment 891704

Rose and Valentina are the same height (if anything, Rose is slightly taller) and they walk around at a very similar weight (132-135 lbs).

3. Valentina hasn't "killed"/"murdered"/"destroyed" several opponents that are far inferior than Rose.

Valentina would have the strength advantage and probably win most times. I'd give Rose a better chance than any of the opponents Valentina has been facing at 125 though.

Weili is the one who wouldn't stand a chance in hell, because Valentina would take her down and keep her there for 25 minutes if she wanted to.

Rose is a better pure boxer, punches harder and has more creative BJJ than Valentina. She wouldn't try to outmuscle Val, but to outpoint her. Basically, the same thing Valentina did against Amanda. If Rose got taken down, she wouldn't be completely defenseless like Weili.

I'm not saying they would even entertain fighting each other nor that Rose would be the favorite, but completely dismissing Rose is just dumb.
waaaay too much thoughtfulness and common sense for Sherdog.. have you considered another forum?

Force them to do it in 2022 or strip them of their belts.

No, Rose has plenty of contenders at 115 she needs to fight.

Champs who move divisions to challenge for a new belt need to vacate anyway.

Tentative yes.

Rose wouldn't have much of a chance, but her chances are better than anybody else val's size or smaller.

I'd much rather see Val fight Amanda again at 135, but that isn't happening.

Valentina and Rose train together. They are familiar with each other and no doubt that is an advantage for Valentina more than Rose. It's just not happening.

All Val has to do is switch weight classes stop being a weight bully

Since she walks around at the same weight multiple straw weight fighters do does this mean you want her to drop down to the lower class?

No?

Then quit being completely full of shit.

1. Valentina didn't cut any weight to fight 135. In fact, she came in several pounds under the limit on more than one occasion. She cuts less weight than most of her opponents to make 125. She's certainly not a weight bully.

View attachment 891704

Well thought out post, good job.

At best it'd look like Holloway x Poirier. At worst, like Shev x most girls she faces at 125.

At best it'd look like Holloway x Poirier. At worst, like Shev x most girls she faces at 125.
Certainly not the same.

1. Poirier hits much harder than Holloway. I'm fairly sure Rose punches harder than Valentina though.

2. Holloway's offensive striking is great, but his defensive striking leaves a lot to be desired. Rose is very hard to hit clean.

I'd rather see Rose clear out SW, establish herself as the best 115 ever.

Valentina holds a significant size and power advantage over Rose. No point in seeing that fight when Bullet used to tool 135'ers.

I don't think it should happen but id still be excited for it.

All these guys saying no make no sense at all.

According to all the Sherbros here we should just stop scheduling ANY FIGHTS for Valentina because they are all just formal executions.

I say find all of the best WMMA fighters from 115,125, and 135 line then up and have Val fight them all. Have Valentina fight Rose, GDR, Weili, Aldana…. Any and all girls that can legitimately threaten her. FIGHT THEM ALL

Certainly this is far better than having fight Murphy again?

Valentina going to be here for a long time might as well try to make all the best possible fights happen

Valentina have zero rivals. If thug beat esparza she is goat in 115. Im 100% Dana make this fight. Because its 2 most popular fighters. Good money.

For some reasons, thug is always underdog. No metter who she is fighting, if joana and andrare survive fight against valentina, rose can do even better.

Back