Would you like to see a UFC/Invitca merger?

It would be a good idea to have the Invitca as a farm system if they were to merge with the UFC. Since they obviously only have women. Giving Invitca guys in return to keep their brand would be a good idea. There's not many women in mma today.

That's pretty dumb. Invicta was designed and created to be an outlet for women, by women. Why would they want male fighters when they already have a good, established product? I don't think you've actually watched An Invicta event,mor understand anything about them.

no.

the UFC doesn't have enough card space for all their fighters as is.

I have been watching Invicta cards since it was only PPV (not that long ago, really.) I like it as is. Invicta keeps their fighters more active. They are allowed to have outside sponsors. The org does a fantastic job of taking care of the fighters and allowing them to express their individuality. The cards don't involve endless commercials (usually just ads for UFC cards.)

My ONLY issue with Invicta is the fighter pay. It's laughable. Women in the UFC get paid more, but they don't compete very often. I can't imagine it would make sense for either side for UFC to "take over" Invicta. If UFC creates a WFLW division, top fighters will get poached from Invicta. That's about all I can imagine happening. It wouldn't make sense to add AW and FW. Both are way too shallow to create competition at UFC level.

Yes actually. That's a much better idea than if they were to just create a Fly division since they'd be bringing one in instead of making it. I think this will happen now that it's being brought up. Will be sweet, Invicta puts on good shows.
They certainly do. I'd be all for it.

no.

the UFC doesn't have enough card space for all their fighters as is.
This is why I'm not in favor of having 125 just yet. Its not just a simple matter of just bringing in another division. There has to be enough events on the schedule to support another division. Almost every WMMA fan here was complaining earlier in the year not enough SW & BW fights.

I'm all for it if it means more women fights in the UFC just to piss off the women hating legion of SD Ps.

Women's 125 is coming to the UFC, it's just a matter of time.

With all due respect, Cyborg looks like an orc and has no competition in her weight class. That will never, ever be interesting to a significant number of people.
Wut?

She's been one of the most popular fighters today of WMMA. She's like Fedor, she smashes cans and everyone's on board lol

That's pretty dumb. Invicta was designed and created to be an outlet for women, by women. Why would they want male fighters when they already have a good, established product? I don't think you've actually watched An Invicta event,mor understand anything about them.
It was a rhetorical question and you crazies are breaking down every word as if it's junior high English class. Everyone knows Invitca is a women's organization. Nobody will fight Cyborg, so instead of wasting time they need to create her own division. Once Invitca gives their girls to the UFC, they will have nothing left....so the idea of giving Invitca the scrubs in return would make sense, so they can at least keep a brand.

It was a rhetorical question and you crazies are breaking down every word as if it's junior high English class. Everyone knows Invitca is a women's organization. Nobody will fight Cyborg, so instead of wasting time they need to create her own division. Once Invitca gives their girls to the UFC, they will have nothing left....so the idea of giving Invitca the scrubs in return would make sense, so they can at least keep a brand.

Invicta is in it for the ladies. If they're being bought out, they'd likelysell completely. THey wouldn't want the cast off men.

Invicta is in it for the ladies. If they're being bought out, they'd likelysell completely. THey wouldn't want the cast off men.
What would be left if they gave their women to the UFC? That's my point, try thinking logically.

What would be left if they gave their women to the UFC? That's my point, try thinking logically.
Why would they want anything left? Invicta is in it for the long haul. If they were going to sell, they'd sell completely.

FRAT attack:

No - It's an abysmal idea.

The piece on Sherdog main page is terrible and the OP of this thread doesn't seem to understand his own suggestion either (I hope, including saying 'its a rumor' when really it's just this post and a crap op-ed that is the source of that 'rumor').

i) First it's funny to say there should be a 'merger', like they are two equal or near equal partners.
what is really being said = no more Invicta, all its fighters to UFC.

ii) UFC basically already owns Invicta. Invicta is UFC's puppet org and they can take any of its fighters/champs whenever they want. UFC cotnracted fighters also fight in Invicta- indeed one of them is doing it on Friday because she wants more experience - and 'Invicta's biggest star', Guyborg, is actually under UFC (Zuffa) contract. Her last fight was in the UFC.

In return, Invicta gets to be featured on UFC fightpass, and Invicta athletes (though they may also be under UFC contract already - allegedly) such as Alexa Grasso get feature spots at UFC expos and big time press placements that I suspect are machinated by UFC PR (Grasso got a piece in the Daily Mail, for instance). What more is a 'merger' supposed to bring?

I don't understand the appeal of Guyborg btw - I disagree she is the 'best female fighter', she might make the lower part of my top 10 I guess. Her division is the weakest in all MMA, and you can't blame fighters at UFC 135lbs - a weight she can't make - for not wanting to get concussed at the hands of a PED freak 1-2 divisions bigger then them.
Both the article and OP think Guyborg is 'key' to developing WMMA, but she's emptied the 145 division - noone wants to fight her - she killed bigtime WMMA once by KOing Gina, and now they want Invicta sacrificed for the benefit of Guyborg too?!

iii) The most immediate effect of abolishing Invicta into the UFC that I could think of for female fighters, would be to create a desperate need for an Invicta style org - for continuing the long-term development of WMMA, promotion of its fighters, experience, intercontinental matchups and cross-org promotion, on a global platform.

So... why get rid of it when it's already right there?

(OP seems further confused by saying Invicta could be sustained as feeder org for male fighters - 'Bellator rejects', does he know what Invicta is about?)

iv) The UFC already has an unmanageably large roster. Adding a whole org of fighters including 2-3 new divisions - most of whom badly need more fight experience - is not good for it, or those fighters. They would be doing well to get 1 fight a year. UFC may 'pay more' but there are female fighters in the UFC who have said they can't afford to train- right now.

v) As it was independent, Invicta could do one of the most fun things in MMA, that is cross-promote, so you could have DEEP Jewels star Mizuki fighting KSW top draw Karolina, in a US org on a global platform. Since WMMA was still 'young' and growing this kind of thing was possible (that ZUFFA/UFC dominance killed in male MMA). This is good for the the fans and the fighters alike, and they still have some ability to do this as a semi-independent org, which would no longer be possible if it was completely eaten by UFC.

vi) lastly Invicta does a tremendous job of promoting its fighters (as is its purpose), generating interest in them as people, getting them to be able to express themselves, trying to create divisional storylines, etc. They have an excellent media team and this lets them grow a fanbase from the beginnings of their careers. Its promotion of its athletes is what got me interested in MMA again after PRIDE died. The UFC on the other hand actively supresses fighter 'uniqueness' as it prefers its own brand to dominate over them. Young women fighting in the UFC would both be (mostly) too inexperienced for the stage they would be thrust onto, and largely anonymous amongst a sea of bland no-name undercard Reebok drones.

Last edited:
I have been watching Invicta cards since it was only PPV (not that long ago, really.) I like it as is. Invicta keeps their fighters more active. They are allowed to have outside sponsors. The org does a fantastic job of taking care of the fighters and allowing them to express their individuality. The cards don't involve endless commercials (usually just ads for UFC cards.)

My ONLY issue with Invicta is the fighter pay. It's laughable. Women in the UFC get paid more, but they don't compete very often. I can't imagine it would make sense for either side for UFC to "take over" Invicta. If UFC creates a WFLW division, top fighters will get poached from Invicta. That's about all I can imagine happening. It wouldn't make sense to add AW and FW. Both are way too shallow to create competition at UFC level.
ive said before the best scenario would be UFC buying a large stake in invicta, its not like they cant afford it,then leave shannon knapp in charge , all decisions out of zuffas hands, cash injection to pay decent purses and attract better well trained fighters.
i think interest in wmma would support a monthly invicta show on fightpass
it needs to exist as a feeder league , if it was abosorbed totally, where would the UFC get its female fighters from.
if they asset strip invicta for a flyweight class , they need to provide finance to ensure invicta doesnt go under.
when straweight was stripped i thought they would crumble, but they are hanging on, just.
i agree with @Xuh about cyborg, shes not as important as she thinks she is.
its more important to develope upcoming talent than cater to her tiny niche of credibility.

Last edited:
If the UFC could bump up the pay a bit for Invicta, that might help encourage more women to come to MMA.

Otherwise, things are fine as they are IMO.

Absolutely no,but I really would like to see all WMMA UFC fighters go to Invicta.

FRAT attack:

No - It's an abysmal idea.

The piece on Sherdog main page is terrible and the OP of this thread doesn't seem to understand his own suggestion either (I hope, including saying 'its a rumor' when really it's just this post and a crap op-ed that is the source of that 'rumor').

i) First it's funny to say there should be a 'merger', like they are two equal or near equal partners.
what is really being said = no more Invicta, all its fighters to UFC.

ii) UFC basically already owns Invicta. Invicta is UFC's puppet org and they can take any of its fighters/champs whenever they want. UFC cotnracted fighters also fight in Invicta- indeed one of them is doing it on Friday because she wants more experience - and 'Invicta's biggest star', Guyborg, is actually under UFC (Zuffa) contract. Her last fight was in the UFC.

In return, Invicta gets to be featured on UFC fightpass, and Invicta athletes (though they may also be under UFC contract already - allegedly) such as Alexa Grasso get feature spots at UFC expos and big time press placements that I suspect are machinated by UFC PR (Grasso got a piece in the Daily Mail, for instance). What more is a 'merger' supposed to bring?

I don't understand the appeal of Guyborg btw - I disagree she is the 'best female fighter', she might make the lower part of my top 10 I guess. Her division is the weakest in all MMA, and you can't blame fighters at UFC 135lbs - a weight she can't make - for not wanting to get concussed at the hands of a PED freak 1-2 divisions bigger then them.
Both the org and OP think Guyborg is 'key' to developing WMMA, but she's emptied the 145 division - noone wants to fight her - she killed bigtime WMMA once by KOing Gina, and now they want Invicta sacrificed for the benefit of Guyborg too?!

iii) The most immediate effect of abolishing Invicta into the UFC that I could think of for female fighters, would be to create a desperate need for an Invicta style org - for continuing the long-term development of WMMA, promotion of its fighters, experience, intercontinental matchups and cross-org promotion, on a global platform.

So... why get rid of it when it's already right there?

(OP seems further confused by saying Invicta could be sustained as feeder org for male fighters - 'Bellator rejects', does he know what Invicta is about?)

iv) The UFC already has an unmanageably large roster. Adding a whole org of fighters including 2-3 new divisions - most of whom badly need more fight experience - is not good for it, or those fighters. They would be doing well to get 1 fight a year. UFC may 'pay more' but there are female fighters in the UFC who have said they can't afford to train- right now.

v) As it was independent, Invicta could do one of the most fun things in MMA, that is cross-promote, so you could have DEEP Jewels star Mizuki fighting KSW top draw Karolina, in a US org on a global platform. Since WMMA was still 'young' and growing this kind of thing was possible (that ZUFFA/UFC dominance killed in male MMA). This is good for the the fans and the fighters alike, and they still have some ability to do this as a semi-independent org, which would no longer be possible if it was completely eaten by UFC.

vi) lastly Invicta does a tremendous job of promoting its fighters (as is its purpose), generating interest in them as people, getting them to be able to express themselves, trying to create divisional storylines, etc. They have an excellent media team and this lets them grow a fanbase from the beginnings of their careers. Its promotion of its athletes is what got me interested in MMA again after PRIDE died. The UFC on the other hand actively supresses fighter 'uniqueness' as it prefers its own brand to dominate over them. Young women fighting in the UFC would both be (mostly) too inexperienced for the stage they would be thrust onto, and largely anonymous amongst a sea of bland no-name undercard Reebok drones.

I agree with a lot of this.

Some of the guys in here would rather watch mediocre men than women. Doesn't quite make sense to me, but whatever.

Sure bring em over. If they're good enough they'll hang. If not they'll go somewhere else.

I want a WFLW division in the UFC.

the mediocre men fights are better than basically the best wmma fights.

Back