would you favor prime Rumble over Stipe at HW

Miocic is too big and durable, and has a great gas tank. Rumble is a nightmare for light heavyweights (Except Cormier) but is gobbled up by a lot of the heavyweights in my opinion.

I actually like Rumble's chances. Styles make fights. Sure, DC's wrestling is too much for Rumble, but Phil Davis' and Ryan Bader's isn't. Stipe is closer to the last two than DC in wrestling ability. Rumble isn't Ngannou, he won't dump the entire gas tank whiffing at air. He's methodical and precise.

But then again, who knows how Rumble would do in a 5 round fight. He can do a 3 round striking battle with ease but we've never seen him in the championship rounds.
No doubt i'd love to see a prime Rumble vs Miocic, and I agree styles make fights.

That being said, Ngannou is so much bigger than Rumble. It reminds me of when I rewatced Kharitonov vs Big Nog from pride and thinking that they didn't look too big. Then I realized it was because they where fighting each other which made them look normal size in a way lol. I think Rumble would look really small against a lot of heavies

No - Stipe is the most complete HW I can think of atm. Rumble is fun but levels and all that shit.

No.

Stipe is great. Rumble will never be great.

No. Rumble is very limited (good td and great right hand). He could catch Stipe, but I see Stipe winning in most fight scenarios.

Looking for a comment like this and wasn't disappointed haha. If Rumble doesn't kill him in the first 2 rounds, he gets picked apart heading into the Championship rounds.

At HW Rumble never was this killer. Thats LHW and below. Still he has close to no heart at all. The classic frontrunner and Stipe eats these mental midgets for breakfast besides hitting equal hard at HW and having much better skills.

Rumble would be able to KO Stipe in 2 or maybe 3 out of 10 fights.

The other times Stipe takes him to deep water and drowns him.

Nope. Stipe has a HUGE dome capable of taking 1 or 2 flush Rumble haymakers, drag him down, pound him like the Hughs brothers behind the barn, get the tko or AJ might pull a fast one and do something he never does when faced with adversity and thats give up his back, allowing Stipe his first submission victory.

At HW Rumble never was this killer. Thats LHW and below. Still he has close to no heart at all. The classic frontrunner and Stipe eats these mental midgets for breakfast besides hitting equal hard at HW and having much better skills.
Even at LHW,he never really did anything great. Once he got to the pinnacle,he was swatted back to palookaville

Rumble could knock him out sure, Miocic is slow and takes a lot of damage in his fights. Most likely outcome would be Miocic being competitive standing in the first 1-2 rounds before he knocks Rumble out after he gasses or gives up.

No.
Rumble is a good fighter but Stipe is great.

Stipe also displays a higher fight IQ.

Rumble is a blitz fighter. He is all in and then fades too fast. Stipe is used to fighting power hitters (Nganou) so no Rumble does not bring anything new to the fight that Stipe has not dealt with.

In his last run at LHW Rumble only lost to DC... He destroyed everyone else. I don't agree that he's overrated, however he does have glaring weaknesses which are his lack of staying power and sub defence. DC melted Stipe in their first fight, I think Rumble could easily KO him early.

I wonder if any other ATG HW's have faced as many of the hardest punchers ever @ HW like Stipe has. And beaten all of them btw.

As it stands, you can only finish Stipe via eye pokes. That's Rumble's only chance in this matchup.

Lol no I would not.

No ! It will be a remake of Stipe vs Ngannou with a TKO or submission for Stipe !
I think prime Rumble at HW is now !

Back