would you favor prime Rumble over Stipe at HW

In what playing one on one basketball? If you are talking about fighting don't be a clown.......

No, Stipe has way more heart and has fought bigger punchers.

Rumble loses alot of speed when fighting at HW.
couldn't he go in as he would a LHW...and retain speed against Stipe?

couldn't he go in as he would a LHW...and retain speed against Stipe?
He could sure, but Stipe has only been KO'd/TKO'd twice his entire career in the HW division.

That extra speed would come at a serious cost, the smaller Rumble comes in, the more devastating Stipe's strikes and grappling would be.

Seems like a really bad matchup for Rumble.

Hell no. Rumble doesnt hit as hard as the hardest hitting HWs (Francis, Hunto, JDS, etc). Rumble got lucky with the clock mismanagement or else Andrei wouldve been up 1-0 and not have had the jaw injury most likely.

Most of that fight against a washed up Andrei, Rumble was panic wrestling and humping his legs against the cage

Stipe by TKO in the 2nd

One dimensional fighter against a true martial artist and GOAT HW. Hmmm I dont know let me think.

I actually like Rumble's chances. Styles make fights. Sure, DC's wrestling is too much for Rumble, but Phil Davis' and Ryan Bader's isn't. Stipe is closer to the last two than DC in wrestling ability. Rumble isn't Ngannou, he won't dump the entire gas tank whiffing at air. He's methodical and precise.

But then again, who knows how Rumble would do in a 5 round fight. He can do a 3 round striking battle with ease but we've never seen him in the championship rounds.

Back