• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you eat this $1 street food?

Whenever I visit other SE Asia countries, I love trying their street food. I can usually stomach their hygiene and feel that's where the real local authentic food are.
But I avoid anything minced or highly processed, like hotdog or canned foods even in my own country.

Don't know if any of you saw this recent headline, but the first taco joint in history to be awarded a Michelin star. They only serve three items. They've been doing it for decades. Simplicity, consistency, excellence.
l.jpg

OIP.gW2beUhYYahHqkoql3i3QwHaFi

el-califa-de-leon.jpg

I don't have pics, but when I was stationed at Camp Casey, South Korea in 2004-2005 just off base they had surprisingly tasty street food that was mostly 'grilled chicken on a stick.'

Weirdly enough, they had the absolutely best fried chicken I have ever tasted.

Wish I could taste both again.

But hotdogs? I'd never touch them.
I lived out there as a kid and I remember fish cake on a stick boiled on some kind of broth. I loved those

They also had this snack shaped like a fish. They poured batter in a fish shaped thing, put that sweet red bean paste in the middle, then close the fish shaped thing and it would cook. I don't know what they was called but I loved those. It was like a fish shaped waffle with sweet red beans filling.

I don’t mind eating a hot dog from time to time. I don’t think I’d pass that up for a dollar.

A hotdog like that in the USA would be what? Like seventeen dollars?

I would be all over that for $1. There's about $3 worth of cheese on it. No brainer.

I don’t mind eating a hot dog from time to time. I don’t think I’d pass that up for a dollar.

A hotdog like that in the USA would be what? Like seventeen dollars?
Filipino red hot dogs are awful..I dont know why they dont just eat regular hot dogs

I don't have pics, but when I was stationed at Camp Casey, South Korea in 2004-2005 just off base they had surprisingly tasty street food that was mostly 'grilled chicken on a stick.'

Weirdly enough, they had the absolutely best fried chicken I have ever tasted.

Wish I could taste both again.

But hotdogs? I'd never touch them.
Korean fried chicken is quite famous now..at least online

Don't know if any of you saw this recent headline, but the first taco joint in history to be awarded a Michelin star. They only serve three items. They've been doing it for decades. Simplicity, consistency, excellence.
l.jpg

OIP.gW2beUhYYahHqkoql3i3QwHaFi

el-califa-de-leon.jpg

That looks amazing. In my experience they really know their meat in Latin America.

Absolutely not. I almost died from Street Food in NYC. I am now picky as shit when it comes to types of food I will eat from the street. There are certain types of food that are made by cultures that just dont put a priority on cleanliness, and I’m not fucking around ever again. Anyone that has ever had food poisoning knows it is terror. Italian Sausage, Greek food prepared by Greek Americans? All in. Mexican taco trucks, all in. American BBQ or burgers, all in. Everything Else can fuck right off. Why would anyone eat from a place that has no running water to wash hands?

This is not an informed opinion but every single pic of Philipino food I have seen looked atrocious.
It's not terrible but they're surrounded by very good cuisines like Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, etc...making it look worse in comparison

Absolutely not. I almost died from Street Food in NYC. I am now picky as shit when it comes to types of food I will eat from the street. There are certain types of food that are made by cultures that just dont put a priority on cleanliness, and I’m not fucking around ever again. Anyone that has ever had food poisoning knows it is terror. Italian Sausage, Greek food prepared by Greek Americans? All in. Mexican taco trucks, all in. American BBQ or burgers, all in. Everything Else can fuck right off. Why would anyone eat from a place that has no running water to wash hands?

Back