Would you donate to a charity...

Illegally steam and actively send links to people who you know are interested. I actively stopped four people purchasing the cowboy mcgregor card by supplying them with a link. While the ppv model produces money it will stay in place. Anything we can do to lower that number, is in our benefit.
Tell me how replacing ppv with something else inherently makes a higher % go to the fighters?

In my line of work I review financial statements for not-for-profit orgs all the time. It’s not unusual at all for only 18% of “profits” to go toward the intended beneficiary. These organizations usually have a lot of overhead.

with that being said, there are some of those orgs that are corrupt as fuck and intentionally bleeding the organization to pay salaries.

In my experience the non-profit world is very corrupt, financially speaking.

In my line of work I review financial statements for not-for-profit orgs all the time. It’s not unusual at all for only 18% of “profits” to go toward the intended beneficiary. These organizations usually have a lot of overhead.

with that being said, there are some of those orgs that are corrupt as fuck and intentionally bleeding the organization to pay salaries.
I think you are using the word "Profit" wrong. Revenues generated less expenses = Profit. If 18% of the revenue is going to the "Dogs with Diabetes" or whatever charity that is different then 18% of "Profit" (aka net proceeds).

Clown.. This is a for profit BUSINESS.

And I’m seriously bored with the jokers crying about fighter pay. Why don’t you send emails to WME, Disney, ESPN, etc. instead of crying in here? How about boycott the fucking product until you think things are fair?

That’s what people with REAL principles do.

giphy.gif
Tired of people discussing issues relevant to MMA on an MMA discussion forum ... ?
<WhatIsThis>

While I agree with your premise that fighters deserve to be paid more, its very disingenuous to compare a for profit business to a charity. A charity works under the guise that they are giving to people in need where a business such as the UFC is about providing a product and make as much of a profit as possible, which is what pretty much every business does. Also, you say you stream illegally, so do you send the amount of the PPV directly to the fighters so they get all your money instead of the 18% they get otherwise? Im seriously asking that because if not, why are you complaining? The UFC is giving them 18% more than you are. The UFC should be giving them more, but its better than the zero percent you're giving them.
I’ve bought a lot of merchandise from my favourite fighters when I was younger but don’t really care much for the individuals anymore as a lot of it’s very watered down, but to be truly honest this is more just pointing out the inconsistency in ideology. I don’t think anyones response to a big charity only actually donating 10% would be “just donate more then”
A side note on this would be this is the most expensive sport to be a fan of in the entire world. I’ve seen people jump out of planes without a parachute for free via red bull. Or jump from space. But ufc can’t find a single other revenue income besides 75 a pop lol

Nothing is more annoying than people bitching about fighter pay...

I would not donate to UFC fighter charity. Only 18% of my donation would reach the intended target.

At the end of the day, they choose their career path.

TS is right, which is why I use onlyfans.
You don't even need to be a fighter.
People will just give me money for showing them pictures of where poop comes from.

Some charities do use a larger % of donations for their causes, you have to check them out before you donate to know how much.

You can support an individual fighter if you REALLY want to. I've seen limited partnerships with an investment of $10K to invest in a fighter, that pays for training, food, medical, transportation, etc. Your return on that investment depends on the deal, if the fighter wins, and other factors.
But, do YOU really want to invest in 1 particular fighter and take the risks?, or are you just bitching and moaning & jumping on the bandwagon that fighters need more money?

Never donate to a charity, charities are mostly tax evasion centers for rich assholes. Remove tax advantages for charities and they would evaporate over night.

Nice tangent...do you prefer my initial word of noble or would you prefer virtuous? What simile would you prefer so you can't try to semantically fight the point?

Oh and being a thief doesn't make you the smart one and others the suckers. Don't mask your selfish acts with acting like you're benefiting anyone. You aren't having your cake and eating it to, you are just eating it.
Noble, virtuous and honor are all abstract concepts defined by your upbringing and culture. Which version do you adhere to?

Where only 18% of the money actually reaches it’s intended target? I constantly hear because I think fighters pay is too low we need to buy all the ppvs to increase fighter pay.

Most people i know who partake in charity, have absolute disdain for some of the big charities and how much revenue they take for themselves, do you think a fair response to these people would be “then donate more”?? When their direct gripe is about the money not going to the actual desired person.

If you buy an 100 dollar Ppv you aren’t really supporting the fighters even HALF as much as corporate scumbags. In fact I’d argue by lining the pockets of the people unfairly splitting the revenue, you are giving them the power and incentive to continue to do so.

Lining Dana’s pockets does not increase fighter pay, it increases his ability and desire to keep doing it.
People donate to the red cross all the time and less than 8% makes it to the people it's meant to

I’ve watched ufc for over 8 years without spending a cent. I am boycotting the company but not the product, I primarily made this thread because of mouth breathers like you defending bad ethics, to point out the idiocy of defending an 18% split. I support these fighters, and to support them correctly I must dabble no illegal streams. Until the broken Ppv model stops working, there is no incentive for the ufc to structure something more fair.

Shut the fuck up.

While I agree with your premise that fighters deserve to be paid more, its very disingenuous to compare a for profit business to a charity. A charity works under the guise that they are giving to people in need where a business such as the UFC is about providing a product and make as much of a profit as possible, which is what pretty much every business does. Also, you say you stream illegally, so do you send the amount of the PPV directly to the fighters so they get all your money instead of the 18% they get otherwise? Im seriously asking that because if not, why are you complaining? The UFC is giving them 18% more than you are. The UFC should be giving them more, but its better than the zero percent you're giving them.
The missing piece in this scenario is that unless the UFC starts losing money because fans aren't buying PPVs, they have incentive to improve the quality of their product via better fighter pay.

Noble, virtuous and honor are all abstract concepts defined by your upbringing and culture. Which version do you adhere to?
Doesn’t matter, the premise of the thread was pegged against charity, let’s stick to that defintion/benchmark...

Last edited:
Back