Would you donate to a charity...

I’m with you mate but what is the alternative? Not buy it and hope…what? I’m all ears, Dana can kiss my fucking kiwi fruit the shithouse.
Illegally steam and actively send links to people who you know are interested. I actively stopped four people purchasing the cowboy mcgregor card by supplying them with a link. While the ppv model produces money it will stay in place. Anything we can do to lower that number, is in our benefit.

TS, how about the letting the adults doing the fighting worry about their career and you worry about yours?

Illegally steam and actively send links to people who you know are interested. I actively stopped four people purchasing the cowboy mcgregor card by supplying them with a link. While the ppv model produces money it will stay in place. Anything we can do to lower that number, is in our benefit.
Good luck man, it’s different for us in the UK not having the PPV model, support the sentiment though. Anything that puts the fighters before the corporation I’m behind.

I’ve watched ufc for over 8 years without spending a cent. I am boycotting the company but not the product, I primarily made this thread because of mouth breathers like you defending bad ethics, to point out the idiocy of defending an 18% split. I support these fighters, and to support them correctly I must dabble no illegal streams. Until the broken Ppv model stops working, there is no incentive for the ufc to structure something more fair.
How noble of you...this guy deserves to be made a saint.

Get your son's flunky, Mammon, to do it.
captain-america-reference.gif

How noble of you...this guy deserves to be made a saint.
Thanks mate, let me know next time you have a service you are willing to provide and I’ll give you 18c for every dollar you make. The world needs little slaves like you.

Thanks mate, let me know next time you have a service you are willing to provide and I’ll give you 18c for every dollar you make. The world needs little slaves like you.
While I want the fighters to make more, I don't pretend that stealing from a company, that I don't agree with some of their margins, is the honorable thing to do. You think they are wrong and want to voice your opinion honorably, don't consume the content.

TS, how about the letting the adults doing the fighting worry about their career and you worry about yours?
Do you have anything actully valuable to contribute to the conversation, or do you usually join discussion boards to try to you know, cancel discussion.

By the way if I check your post history I could use such a stupid retort aswell. “Why are you concerned over who the greatest is, why don’t you go out and be great” “why do you care about the gif of a knockout, you could go out and work on getting your own knockouts”

It doesn’t make you above the conversation, it kind of looks like you joined a discussion board with nothing to say...

While I want the fighters to make more, I don't pretend that stealing from a company, that I don't agree with some of their margins, is the honorable thing to do. You think they are wrong and want to voice your opinion honorably, don't consume the content.
I’m not pretending I’m honorable. And just in case you think that word has any merit, define an honor killing. Honor is an abstract notion, I’m more concerned with results, I’ll have my cake and eat it too thanks.

Do you buy anything from amazon, walmart or any other big compines

Amazon, Walmart are charities now? Here I thought my money was for products...........

I don't believe in charities, mostly for the reasons in the OP. Like religion, charities are a scam.

Where only 18% of the money actually reaches it’s intended target? I constantly hear because I think fighters pay is too low we need to buy all the ppvs to increase fighter pay.

Most people i know who partake in charity, have absolute disdain for some of the big charities and how much revenue they take for themselves, do you think a fair response to these people would be “then donate more”?? When their direct gripe is about the money not going to the actual desired person.

If you buy an 100 dollar Ppv you aren’t really supporting the fighters even HALF as much as corporate scumbags. In fact I’d argue by lining the pockets of the people unfairly splitting the revenue, you are giving them the power and incentive to continue to do so.

Lining Dana’s pockets does not increase fighter pay, it increases his ability and desire to keep doing it.
Probably better to donate directly to people in need if you don't have a lot of money. Percentage too low that most of your donation won't go to what it's intended for. The big donations help because of the amount donated, so even the small percentage it can do a lot to help.

Do you have anything actully valuable to contribute to the conversation, or do you usually join discussion boards to try to you know, cancel discussion.

By the way if I check your post history I could use such a stupid retort aswell. “Why are you concerned over who the greatest is, why don’t you go out and be great” “why do you care about the gif of a knockout, you could go out and work on getting your own knockouts”

It doesn’t make you above the conversation, it kind of looks like you joined a discussion board with nothing to say...
No, an argument about the skill of the participants of a fighting sport of which we are fans is hardly the same as doing what you do, which is to steal a product from a company then profess concern for the pay received by the employees.

You are a thief and a hypocrite and clearly part of the problem and not the solution. Now, if you are a thief that's fine, but don't pretend that it's righteous.

I’m not pretending I’m honorable. And just in case you think that word has any merit, define an honor killing. Honor is an abstract notion, I’m more concerned with results, I’ll have my cake and eat it too thanks.
Nice tangent...do you prefer my initial word of noble or would you prefer virtuous? What simile would you prefer so you can't try to semantically fight the point?

Oh and being a thief doesn't make you the smart one and others the suckers. Don't mask your selfish acts with acting like you're benefiting anyone. You aren't having your cake and eating it to, you are just eating it.

I do donate to charity but I don't buy UFC PPVs anymore. Though not because of the revenue split, fighters are adults and should honor their contractual agreements. If they don't like the money then either renegotiate when your contract is up or go elsewhere. I don't buy PPVs anymore because the cards get weaker and weaker while the price only increases.

Where only 18% of the money actually reaches it’s intended target?
Your logic could be applied to the shoes you're wearing, because I can guarantee that the people who made them aren't even getting 1% of the revenue, let alone 18%.

Amazon, Walmart are charities now? Here I thought my money was for products...........

I don't believe in charities, mostly for the reasons in the OP. Like religion, charities are a scam.
Is Dana white and UFC charities now?

Where only 18% of the money actually reaches it’s intended target? I constantly hear because I think fighters pay is too low we need to buy all the ppvs to increase fighter pay.

Most people i know who partake in charity, have absolute disdain for some of the big charities and how much revenue they take for themselves, do you think a fair response to these people would be “then donate more”?? When their direct gripe is about the money not going to the actual desired person.

If you buy an 100 dollar Ppv you aren’t really supporting the fighters even HALF as much as corporate scumbags. In fact I’d argue by lining the pockets of the people unfairly splitting the revenue, you are giving them the power and incentive to continue to do so.

Lining Dana’s pockets does not increase fighter pay, it increases his ability and desire to keep doing it.

While I agree with your premise that fighters deserve to be paid more, its very disingenuous to compare a for profit business to a charity. A charity works under the guise that they are giving to people in need where a business such as the UFC is about providing a product and make as much of a profit as possible, which is what pretty much every business does. Also, you say you stream illegally, so do you send the amount of the PPV directly to the fighters so they get all your money instead of the 18% they get otherwise? Im seriously asking that because if not, why are you complaining? The UFC is giving them 18% more than you are. The UFC should be giving them more, but its better than the zero percent you're giving them.

iZs11zn.gif

No I wouldn't but.... I expect nothing back from a charity... I get what I want outta the UFC (and Fights/fighters) and numerous other Orgs.

Also - Not my problem...

I really only care what happens in the cage. I don't even care about fighters getting cut anymore. I generally see them a month or so in another Org, (which I actually have a shine onto atm).

Back