Would you consider living in Las Vegas?

For some reason I always seem to get really bad nosebleeds in Vegas.
It is because it is dry low humidity I got one the first time I went you either have to use sprays for that or just put a little bit of water in your nostrils. It is also not at sea level it has a surprising altitude of 2,030 ft which will get vegas noobs drunker and feeling sicker if they come from a sea level city.

i would live in vegas if I had a lot of money, a nice house with big property, and lots of cool friends in the area. the bjj scene there is good and theres some good music and food. But i like living in the yosemite area, theres more natural beauty here and nobody gives a shit what you do. watching the sunset is incredible here, fucking panoramic view.

I was in Miami at the beach with a guy from the gym. He said he was moving to Las Vegas its so beautiful there.
I looked around and said brother are ya blind look where we are.

Would you ever consider living in Las Vegas? Many people come here on vacation but not many would consider actually residing in this city.

i dont think so, it's rep precedes it, people say it's depressing because it's so impersonal and blatantly exploitive but as for me, I hate hot weather and also, it's wierd seeing a landscape with no greenery, very wierd. That said, I didn't dislike it the one time I went there. I went to the hotel elvis played at and looked at all the wonderful memorabilia and no one bothered me as i did it, try that in pussy assed seattle at 3 in the morning, you'd have security and management crawling up your asshole in no time.

I wouldn't want to live in the middle of the desert and also Las Vegas looks trashy AF.
it did look trashy, i drove around in the middle of the night, homeless fucks were screaming at me to stop. Prostitution is legal and it can't be very much fun for most of the poor ladies stuck in that lifestyle. I did manage to find the Mayweather boxing gym but it was the middle of the night so I just drove by and looked at it.

I was in Miami at the beach with a guy from the gym. He said he was moving to Las Vegas its so beautiful there.
I looked around and said brother are ya blind look where we are.
people say that about seattle too and I can only surmise they are talking about the views of the mountains or bodies of water, not the homeless camping in tents harassing people and shit on the streets. Some will say, "used to be beautiful".

people say that about seattle too and I can only surmise they are talking about the views of the mountains or bodies of water, not the homeless camping in tents harassing people and shit on the streets. Some will say, "used to be beautiful".
Liberals are destroying cities all across America. This scum is moving to Las Vegas too I hear.

I'd be arrested in the first month of my arrival, but yeah I'd be there. Good weather, good gyms, good food, good sports and live entertainment, yeah I'm all in on Vegas, (no pun intended).

I'm probably one of the few people in the US that has not been to Las Vegas before. The weather and taxes in Nevada on paper seem decent. For that it would be an area that i'd consider. It might get a little to hot in summer though I do prefer heat over the cold.

Zero chance of that happening. I'd rather pay more money to live here.

Too many strip malls and gated cookie cutter sub divisions. The only draw is the strip and I don't even like really going to the strip anymore. If I lived there I sure as shit wouldn't go there.

it did look trashy, i drove around in the middle of the night, homeless fucks were screaming at me to stop. Prostitution is legal and it can't be very much fun for most of the poor ladies stuck in that lifestyle. I did manage to find the Mayweather boxing gym but it was the middle of the night so I just drove by and looked at it.
Prostitution is not legal in Las Vegas. It's legal in certain counties in Nevada but not Clark County where Las Vegas is.

I would certainly consider it. Though I may turn into an alcoholic if I live there.

At one point I would have considered it if a great job opportunity presented itself. I even use to talk about it with my wife. If we could have the same pay and job stability, but be in Las Vegas area instead, would we do it? Lower COL compared to Cali and no state-income tax it would be tempting. The heat and dryness would suck, but my wife and oldest son wouldn't have to deal with to all the allergies they get from the grass/tree pollen in Cali. I haven't kept up with the nicer areas for a while now, but I would probably live in Summerlin or Henderson. One of my best friends (who is actually married to my 2nd-half cousin) also lives in Henderson so it would be cool being close to each other. Road trips to So-Cal would be a shorter drive from Vegas than from Nor-Cal. There is also a lot of nature to visit that's a reasonable drive from Vegas, which is a added bonus. Now being 2024 would we do it? Probably not, but if we could increase our combined income by 50-75% then I would say hell yes.

I would consider it, then probably decide against it.

For sure. After moving around so much from my time in the military, I could adapt to just about any town. Not a big gambler but I like the shows and restaurants.

Yes...The humidity...Same...

guy-jumps-on-line-of-coke-cocaine.gif
Had a guy at work rip the 75"
News to me.
Get asked at work every once in awhile about where to get hookers. They're always shocked when I tell them it's illegal.

Nah, if I'm going desert it's wintering in Arizona.

Had a guy at work rip the 75"
Get asked at work every once in awhile about where to get hookers. They're always shocked when I tell them it's illegal.
wow, I had no clue, I've always heard about how hookers just did their business in the open there. No clue, first I heard, or maybe it was the whole "it's legal in nevada" that I heard growing up.

Back