Would you buy Toyota's new $12k pickup truck?

I'd 100% buy one. This is an awesome move by Toyota. Flood the world market with reliable, reasonable, useable trucks.
Damn that video just shit on Americans saying our trucks aren't for real work.

It's 100% true. Or, at least in canada. There are two kinds of trucks, work trucks and then status symbols.

If you've got a 65,000 dollar truck with every available electric feature, and a tiny little useless bed that you'd never even load with anything because you're afraid of scratching the paint, that's not really a truck. It's a fashion accessory.

There are lots of these driving around Canada. So silly to have such a physically large and expensive to run vehicle mostly because you think it makes you look manly, or something. Or because you feel safer in it due to the fact everybody else on the road is driving a stupid, unnecessary truck. The safety issue in North America is a real thing. As trucks and suvs get bigger and their bumpers taller, you are much more likely to die if you get hit either as a pedestrian or in another vehicle.

This is an interesting video that goes into this traffic fatality concern , and also explains a bit about the import restrictions for japanese trucks and how this relates to the giant truck and suv culture in america.

I'd 100% buy one. This is an awesome move by Toyota. Flood the world market with reliable, reasonable, useable trucks.

It's 100% true. Or, at least in canada. There are two kinds of trucks, work trucks and then status symbols.

If you've got a 65,000 dollar truck with every available electric feature, and a tiny little useless bed that you'd never even load with anything because you're afraid of scratching the paint, that's not really a truck. It's a fashion accessory.

There are lots of these driving around Canada. So silly to have such a physically large and expensive to run vehicle mostly because you think it makes you look manly, or something. Or because you feel safer in it due to the fact everybody else on the road is driving a stupid, unnecessary truck. The safety issue in North America is a real thing. As trucks and suvs get bigger and their bumpers taller, you are much more likely to die if you get hit either as a pedestrian or in another vehicle.

This is an interesting video that goes into this traffic fatality concern , and also explains a bit about the import restrictions for japanese trucks and how this relates to the giant truck and suv culture in america.

This. 120hp is also plenty unloaded.
The average US folk is just accustomed to 5l 450hp shitcars which still aren’t allowed to run faster than 110 miles on a highway.

Hell yeah. The new ones look like dogshit
Yeah, not nuts about them. I traded it in for a work truck and the f250 was my dads that he used to use as a work truck. I fixed it up and put a 6 speed manual in it

Naw, I dont live in Africa and I aint trying to ride around looking like I do

True, would look good with a .50 cal machine gun mounted on the bed. Africans can finally upgrade their technical fleets.

that seems like step down for the helix but if it was a new model id say its great.

12 grand is so cheap it almost feels like a mistake, like there’s a bunch of hidden fees or the frame is made out of popsicle sticks

Definitely. I don't see the need to have a heated steering wheel or seats and these other b.s. 'features' These are all just future problems to me. Let's get back to the basics with reliable no nonsense cars.

Yes I may be poor.
Just ride motorcycles it works for me. Paid cash for my last 2 ones and gave my truck to my mom. I rarely drove it after selling my jetski anyway.

Back