Would you buy Shogun vs Rampage 2 as a main event to a PPV nowadays?

No, but perfect Fox Fight main event.

No sir, that's a match to open up a main card not headline it.

Hespect the legends... Before bones there were shogun and rampage! shogun and rampage would at least be third fight, probably co-main in a ppv!

I don't buy a ppv based purely on the main event, TS. This is a forum for people who supposedly follow the sport, not just stupid advertisements. So your question really means nothing.

I think you're being a bit harsh here, Cerbral. Main events are still important to me, at least. I want to see new guys and journeymen try to make more of themselves, absolutely. I want to see contender match ups and gatekeepers holding fast as much as anybody.

I need me some main events, though. This one just doesn't stack up as a PPV ME. Fox perfection, though.

No, but I don't buy events anymore in general.

I would buy it

That wouldn't fly for a UFC on FOX main event either so why would I pay for it?

Although seeing how things are going lately that'll probably be the next Canadian PPV main event.

Seems funny that a lot of folks watched a Tito v Bonnar fight in Bellator and yet Rampage v. Shogun would not be an interesting draw in the UFC for most people. Maybe this fight can headline a Bellator card in 3 years.

why would this have to headline a ppv?
we can just throw it as a main event on any card and its 5 rds

but to answer your question no.
as much as i want to see it

I would pay for it. Shogun is never in a dull fight. That type of action is always worth my money.

I would buy it in a heartbeat. I watched these two in their prime and want to see round two.

Nobody in here buys any of the fights. They likely stream it because they are poor.

Hell no. Co-main or fight before or main event on FOX for free.

Back