Would you buy 2nd Bellator PPV?

jamesgalb

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Considering the production value of the first... would you buy a second PPV if it included:

MAIN CARD
Rampage vs Newton (LHW Title)
Eddie vs Brooks (LW Title)
Warren vs Dantes (BW Title)
Minakov vs Volkov (HW Title)
Tito vs King Mo/Beltran

UNDERCARD
M Page vs War Machine
Kongo vs Ivanov

(4 title fights is better than watching 20 Bellator promos about the PPV you are already watching)

Potential season... 10 weeks... Run 7 Tournaments rather than 6

-Week 1 - Curran vs Frodo + Tourney
-Week 2 - The 2-3 most popular tournaments
-Week 3 - Shlemenko vs Hasley/Cooper + Tourney
-Week 4 - Lima vs Koreshkov/McDonough + Tourney
-1 week break
-Week 5 - "Names" Riggs/Amoussou, Beltran/Vegh, Groves/D.Cramer, L.Johnson/MightyMo + Weaker Tournament Semis
-Week 6 - Stronger Tournament Semis + 1 Headliner
-Week 7 - Stronger Tournament Semis + 1 Headliner
-1 week break
-Week 8 - Curran vs Weichel + whatever
-Week 9 - Tourney Finals (talk about them facing PPV title fight winners)
-Week 10 - Tourney Finals (talk about them facing PPV title fight winners)
-Week 11 - PPV

Wouldnt be a horrible season IMO. They would need to make some solid tournaments though...

Last edited:
That card wont happen.

More likely

Mo/Tito
Eddie/Brooks LW title
Warren/Dantas BW title
Lima/Koreshkov WW Title
Kongo/ivanov

3 titel fights would even be much but if they did that it would be a solid card. Tito off a win vs Page is gonna be the main event. Bellator will no doubt look to make that the main event after Tito's win, his stock is as high as its gonna be so have to jump on that fight now.

If they did that card then yes thats a better PPV than this past one.

If they lower the price and let me buy a $20 internet stream like Strikeforce used to do.

I would definitely buy but they should get Michael Page on there again. One of the fights mentioned by TS could headline prelim show.

Alvarez has to be on the next PPV as will Rampage, and Tito clearly is still a draw the attention he brought to the last event was crazy. If I am Bellator I go with this.

- Rampage vs Tito
- Alvarez vs Brooks (LW Title)
- Dantas vs Warren (BW Title)
- King Mo vs ???

Then that leaves you with the following title matches for that Season:

- Curran/Frodo/Pitbull/Straus
- Lima vs Adam/Andrey
- Storm vs Halsey/Cooper
- Newton vs SS LHW Winner
- Minakov vs Volkov 2

That's solid for the season and you get Mo a win to rebound. Rampage and Tito would do huge numbers and it leaves you Chandler to main event a free show.

Ideal for them and easily sells better then any other combo they can do.

I think the locks are

Rampage vs Tito
Alvarez vs Chandler/brooks
and Warren v Dantas which is a sick card within itself! People were complaining that Warren vs Dantas wasn't on the PPV.

The other possibilities
Riggs vs MVP
Chandler/Brooks vs Jansen (this should be a main event for a spike card though)
You could throw Shlemenko on there again. Like others said Kongo vs Ivanov or somebody on there. Mo vs Vegh. Really endless options.

I think they would have to stack it with all of their best possible matchups they could make at the moment...

And then add another marquee matchup with two guys they don't currently have.

Tito vs Rampage or Newton / Rampage vs Kyle
Alvarez vs Brooks
Freire vs Curran
Shlemenko vs Drwal/Brilz/Kyle
Kongo vs Kharitonov

Last edited:
I cant even imagine what their surrounding free cards would look like if they put on that card. Dont see any way Viacom lets that go down.

If they keep the price down, sure. $35 is my limit. I'm not spending $50 on any PPV again. Not UFC or otherwise. I spent years buying UFC PPVs and what do they do? Move the "free" cards to a premium sports channel or internet subscription service. Even the prelims are off basic cable. Fuck those motherfuckers.

Rampage vs Tito
Alvarez vs Chandler 3
Brooks vs Jansen - Interim Title turns real title if Eddie wins otherwise winner gets Chandler
Dantas vs Warren (BW Title)
King Mo vs Newton 3

Michael Page headlines the undercard.

I'm hoping for this, and would buy it.

Can't imagine their next PPV without adding M Page to the main card. He was their breakout star for the PPV

Sure, for the last one I went to a bar that was showing it and paid a 3$ cover. Was well worth it imo.

It would take away from the quality of some of their Spike shows. Dantas/Warren is definitely a Spike fight. Take that off. I'm pretty sure the Minakov/Volkov fight will be on Spike because HW always draw great #'s on TV.

I would buy the next PPV if it was something like this:

Rampage vs. Newton (LHW Title)
Eddie vs. Brooks (LW Title)
Lima vs. Shlemenko @ MW. (probably should be the 1st fight on the PPV)
Mo vs. Tito
The loser of Pitbull/Curran vs. another exciting FW. If they decide to change their mind about Straus getting the next shot I would say Curran/Pitbull loser vs. Straus.

Lima can defend his title against the Koreshkov/McDonough winner in late September. Win or lose he can still take the fight with Storm. Storm can defend against Halsey/Cooper in September also. PPV will probably be late November so it should work.

If the PPV is at the end of the season, they can stack the Spike prelims with tourney finals. Hopefully Page is in a tourney and he makes it to the final.

I don't see how someone wouldn't wanna buy that card unless they're Zuffa bots.

If they keep the price down, sure. $35 is my limit. I'm not spending $50 on any PPV again. Not UFC or otherwise. I spent years buying UFC PPVs and what do they do? Move the "free" cards to a premium sports channel or internet subscription service. Even the prelims are off basic cable. Fuck those motherfuckers.

I know huh. Get Fight Pass for the prelim, prelims, then cable plus sports package for the prelims, then 60 bux for the PPV.

To top it off, sometime you need FoxSports 1 AND 2 to see a whole card, with DISH thats 2 packages.

I'll go to the bar and watch it like I do every other UFC card.

Back