• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you be sad if Israel Adesanya got knocked out?

Would you be sad or feel any sympathy for Israel Adesanya if he got knocked out?

• Yes

Votes: 19 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 155 89.1%

• Total voters

Davidjacksonjones

Archbishop of Church of Saint Jones
@Black
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen with Sean Strickland, but there's always a possibility.
He could also potentially get knocked out by Alex Pereira or Dricus in the future if they clash

If Israel Adesanya got knocked out, would you feel any sadness and sympathy for him?

Nah there aren't many fighters I'd feel sad about getting KOed. Arnold Allen is one for sure, but Izzy ain't on that short list.

would you feel any sadness and sympathy for him?
It comes with the territory, I don’t even feel sympathy towards fighters who I’m a fan of, they know the sport, repercussions and how brutally merciless MMA can be, yet they fight. That being said, I spent time in the military, my empathy is probably skewed, I’ve experienced and seen some horrifying shit, don’t feel sorry for myself, These things are a known risk thats associated of the job, also there no forecast as to what quantity of damage one can experience, that’s usually on the fighter.

Adesanya is one of my favourite fighters ever so yes I would feel sad if he got knocked out.
At MW, I don't think it's gonna happen, unless he fights past prime or if Alex moves back to MW.

I'm going to vote yes only because they would likely do a rematch and I don't care to watch them fight again.

post-47762-Weird-Al-I-dont-care-gif-Imgur-MpTa.gif

I like them both for totally different reasons. Just hope for a good fight & not too quick of one. Fence sitting on this one, bros. Just bring it on!

No, it's part of the game it's hit or be hit. If you lose in that manner so be it. They know what they are signing themselves up to.

Not a massive fan of Adesanya, but I respect his gumption of fighting any man anywhere.

I don't think it will happen with Sean Strickland, but there's always a possibility.
He could also potentially get knocked out by Alex Pereira or Dricus in the future if they clash

If Israel Adesanya got knocked out, would you feel any sadness and sympathy for him?
I see many people say no because it happens. But I know me. I still get sad when I think of my favorite fighters like Edgar and Silva being brutally put out cold.

It's not abnormal to be passionate about the sport and feel different emotions. Even some fighters that I'm not as big a fan of, I still might feel bad seeing them get hurt badly.

It comes with the territory, I don’t even feel sympathy towards fighters who I’m a fan of, they know the sport, repercussions and how brutally merciless MMA can be, yet they fight. That being said, I spent time in the military, my empathy is probably skewed, I’ve experienced and seen some horrifying shit, don’t feel sorry for myself, These things are a known risk thats associated of the job, also there no forecast as to what quantity of damage one can experience, that’s usually on the fighter.
R.86e400aa77cb71e4da30220e5989f9ea

I hope you're doing OK, buddy & thanks for sharing with us.

My grand dad never spoke about the war to me (WW2) and one day a friend was with me & he shown us some pictures of the end of the war times. It was a total surprise to me at the time that he never shown me & did with my friend after we both painted his house (I was about 18 at the time), but guess he didn't want to really talk about it prior. I respect that and realize everyone deals with emotions in different ways. Probably wanted me sheltered from the shit he saw and went through. Love you Pop!

You have my full respect, Sir!

Thank you for what you put yourself through & gave up for others. Can we clone you, please :)

If you ever feel down, DM me & I can at least make you laugh.

Take care.

tenor.gif

No. Callousness aside, this is the game they chose to play, accept the consequences.

Back