Would top UFC fighters beat top boxers?

But can the best mma grappler still at least hold their own grappling if it's their primary focus and the grappler overlooked them?

I know the basics to boxing is learned quicker than grappling and overall there is less to learn, as speed, fitness, power, chin etc can make up for technique

But Fury losing last night doesn't mean every boxer loses

Someone will challenge canelo and it will be completely different

I'm a boxing fan first, this is a huge black eye for the sport. But I have went off Fury big time this past 2 years and deeply respect Frank, a great, humble champion

I don't care what judges say, or anyone else, Fury did lose that fight

I think this is a very isolated case that only works for HW’s. Heavyweight has always been a historically shallow talent pool in both sports, so it makes sense how both sports’ might meet somewhere in the middle in terms of talent and skill.

Tyson and Usyk would destroy Jones in boxing

Arsen, Jai, Chris all beat Jiri and Alex fun fight though

Canelo would destroy Leon Edwards

Jermell Charlo beats Islam but these Russian boys always find a way lol

Terrance Crawford would beat Volk

Devin Haney vs Suga Sean might have the best chance but again I favour Haney

and finally Pantoja does not have the boxing skills to go against Rey, Luis and Robeisy

Could Usman beat Canelo in a boxing match?

0% chance

Could Holloway/OMalley beat Tank Davis?

0% chance

Could Volkanovski beat Crawford?

0% chance

This Ngannou vs Fury thing really opened my eyes just like many of you. People often talk like UFC fighters stand no chance when they call out a top boxer but last night boxing just got exposed regardless of that bs decision. Could Usman beat Canelo in a boxing match? Could Holloway/OMalley beat Tank Davis? Could Volkanovski beat Crawford? I'm really starting to think these top boxers are just a bunch of fucking frauds

The HW division in both MMA and boxing is the shallowest division talent-wise with the lowest athletic requirements and its been that way for a very long time. This is a byproduct of the very few number of athletically inclined individuals, not already playing stick-ball sports professionally, who have the measurables typically associated with long term success at HW; over 6"3 and 240-265lbs.

It speaks to the fact that Tyson Fury never belonged a P4P list but not much else.

Its a lot closer then people think. I think its similar to K-1 level striking . Some mma guys went into k1 and did ok, and some got destroyed.

boxers are not as elite as some people think.

Top heavyweight MMA strikers against top heavyweights boxers? After yesterday, I'd say maybe. These boxers are weak...

Other divisions? I don't know. Connor and Woodley were fucking embarrassing. I think lower divisions are all about technique and the difference would stand out but power and durability matters a lot more at HW than in other divisions. Pavlovich, Gane, JDS and Aspinall may do fine with several top boxers. There is no reason to think they wouldn't after last night

<TheWire1>

Top UFC fighters couldn't even beat the Lesser Paul.

By no means Jake is the lesser (boxer) Paul.
It was clear as day last time we witnessed that pathetic random shadowboxing show between Logan and Dillon

<TrumpWrong1>

Last edited:
<Hendricks02>

You guys have lost your fucking minds, lol.

Boxing isn't exactly a fight..

Imagine the reverse.. the great sport of Kicking - the athletes can only kick to the head and upper body with expedition down boots on.. that matters about as much in a real fight as boxing does..

lol if you think Fury prepared at all or put any effort into the match with Frances.

No. Most mma fighters would struggle against journeyman boxers let alone champs. Francis is an outlier. Outside of these "legend fights" where old mma fighters are fighting even older out of shape boxers. Active young champions like Canelo would be too much for mma fighters in boxing. Much akin to Floyd playing with Conor or more likely, the Paul Brothers fighting mma guys.

Fury underperformed and Francis performed amazingly. I still edged it to Fury by 1 round. I see a rematch going much more dominantly in Fury's favor. He really did not show up or put out.

depends on if said UFC fighters have a granite chin. Ngannou only did so well against Fury because of said chin

and it's heavyweight so his power was always a factor. also kind of a "awkward" fighter like Fury said who is a natural southpaw by the way but mostly fights conventional

lol mma guys can’t even beat youtube boxers. Ngannou is a one of a kind monster with insane ko power.

its hard to say after this one that some of these cross over fights would not be competitive. lower weight divisions obviously favor the boxers. strickland might do well, but he doesn't have ngannou's chin. perreira can shut anyone's lights out, but again the chin is sus. nobody really has the 'titanium cannon' stat like ngannou has.

Boxing isn't exactly a fight..

Imagine the reverse.. the great sport of Kicking - the athletes can only kick to the head and upper body with expedition down boots on.. that matters about as much in a real fight as boxing does..
I use to joke about how, “tae kwon do masters are saying mma fighters have bad kicking”, to compare it to boxing elitists saying mma fighters have bad boxing.

boxing, with the gloves, no fear of takedowns, kicks, elbows, knees, distances and stances all change up pure boxing a lot.

Same with pure kicking only sports which allow you to get away with flinging every kick out there without fear of being taken down or hit with punches, hence they drop their hands and launching crazy kicks to score.

even ncaa and olympic champ wrestlers isnt really fighting because theres no striking and subs. If u’ve ever wrestled, you know its nothing like mma grappling. Everything from the positions and techniques are different.

MMA striking > pure boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, karate.

mma grappling > pure wrestling, bjj, sambo.

lol mma guys can’t even beat youtube boxers. Ngannou is a one of a kind monster with insane ko power.
But the mma guys were all old and in it for paychecks.

francis beat the undefeated HW champ….

Ask yourself if francis ngannou would beat lebron in 8 months of basketball….

Heavyweight combat sports is a weak division in general. Just a few years ago a guy who lost two kickboxing fights to a shot and old Cro Cop (Jarrell Miller, look it up) was a top 10 boxer and was supposed to fight Anthony Joshua before he popped for steroids. I would not expect the same thing to happen in the lighter weight classes.

This Ngannou vs Fury thing really opened my eyes just like many of you. People often talk like UFC fighters stand no chance when they call out a top boxer but last night boxing just got exposed regardless of that bs decision. Could Usman beat Canelo in a boxing match? Could Holloway/OMalley beat Tank Davis? Could Volkanovski beat Crawford? I'm really starting to think these top boxers are just a bunch of fucking frauds
No, because heavyweight is different and Ngannou has a monster punch. He also trained boxing for a long time, and wanted to be a pro boxer before switching to MMA

But yet they can beat actual pro boxers, strange isn't it?

Ngannou is a freak. If you actually think Usman can box Canelo and do well then you are a special kind of idiot.

Back