Would top UFC fighters beat top boxers?

AmbassadorFright

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This Ngannou vs Fury thing really opened my eyes just like many of you. People often talk like UFC fighters stand no chance when they call out a top boxer but last night boxing just got exposed regardless of that bs decision. Could Usman beat Canelo in a boxing match? Could Holloway/OMalley beat Tank Davis? Could Volkanovski beat Crawford? I'm really starting to think these top boxers are just a bunch of fucking frauds

This Ngannou vs Fury thing really opened my eyes just like many of you. People often talk like UFC fighters stand no chance when they call out a top boxer but last night boxing just got exposed regardless of that bs decision. Could Usman beat Canelo in a boxing match? Could Holloway/OMalley beat Tank Davis? Could Volkanovski beat Crawford? I'm really starting to think these top boxers are just a bunch of fucking frauds
Oh stop it <45>

Look how McGregor got embarassed against an untrained retired 40yr old boxer coming off a strip club lol. And McGregor was KO'ing everyone in mma...

/i don't think so, at least not for the majority of times
I strongly believe Canelo would murder Usman in boxing, same with Tank Davis and O'Malley/Holloway

But then again, after today, you never know what could happen lol
Respect to Francis, he did incredible

Boxing is bs. Even power slappers can beat those bums.

No, Fury/Ngannou was a perfect storm. Could a top boxer cross over into MMA and make this kind of noise? Sure, maybe a couple could, but for the most part we would get the results from almost every other crossover.

MMA guys aren't gonna lose every time. It's very subjective to each fight. Of course, one of the best fights we've seen yet happened at Heavyweight. That's where the best "puncher's chance" happens. The reason MMA hasn't completely caught up yet though is time. MMA is a sport where only the strong survive. Give MMA a few more years of roster cuts and the top MMA talent will catch up.

That said, I'm a fan of "Sugar Sean" but the fact that Chito put him out means Sean's not a "scouser." That means Davis would piece him up. And possibly shut his lights off. And Usman? Idk why he's bein' brought up... I get that you're a fan, but the sooner you jump off his train, the better off you'll be. He did very well at the top, but his best days are behind him.

Last edited:
Pretty much impossible in any other weight class outside of heavyweight. Stop it.

On higher weight classes, maybe. Strickland's got great form but I doubt that would be enough against top boxing contenders.

No, but the gap isn't as big as boxers want to pretend. Especially with mma guys with boxing heavy styles, they've had boxing coaches and been training and sparring in boxing gloves for years.

They'd basically look like them face a decent but not great boxer that they had no footage on and didn't take seriously. It's not like the mma fighter is going to come in with slick boxing and shoulder rolling and out skill the boxer, but a good chin and good power from someone you're not that prepared for makes for a clumsy looking fight and a while to find the timing if you do at all.

Anderson beat Chavez Jr at 75 years old, Mayweather took several rounds of barely throwing anything before he got Conor's timing, Fury looked terrible. The boxer will probably have one of their worst performances against an mma fighter, but that's still usually enough to win.

It's also way overplayed how poorly boxers would do in mma if they were fighting guys with punching heavy styles. Mercer KO'd Sylvia in 9 seconds when he was a recent champ and had only lost to top 5 guys, plenty of kickboxers have come in and learned some grappling defense in almost no time.

Last edited:
They would murder them in mma. Embarass them in kickboxing or wrestling matches. But for some reason, everyone would like mma fighters to beat them at boxing, the thing these guys spend their entire life training.
I understand mma fighters wanting to box big names in boxing, obviously for money. What I don’t understand is why an mma fan would want mma fighters to box. Just watch box instead if it means a lot.

I think this made HW boxing look bad, but I think the skill level in the other divisions is probably too high for UFC fighters to be competitive.

HW boxing has at times seemed like the quality of athlete probably isn't very high. I remember fat James Tony moving up and beating John Ruiz (before testing positive, but still) after spending his prime fighting at 160-168 lbs.

It's entirely possible that HW just has a small talent pool and that they aren't necessarily 'A-level' similar to HW MMA.

Oh stop it <45>

Look how McGregor got embarassed against an untrained retired 40yr old boxer coming off a strip club lol. And McGregor was KO'ing everyone in mma...
Conor lost in MMA several times before fighting Floyd Mayweather.

Back