Would punching stuff make your hands "harder" ?

This has been debunked and warned against many times on here. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!

It leads to many many problems of the hands and nothing good comes of it. You will not make them harder, you will break them and devlope long term joint, bone and tissue problems.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!! IT IS STUPID!!!

There needs to be a sticky about this somewhere.

whilliam208 said:
i watched a documentary, probably about six months ago. It was about some Japanese clan, i forget what the hell they were. But anyways when they started training, they would punch a cement wall as hard as they could. So it would break all there knuckles. They had do punch the wall a certain way or it could cripple there hands.
Then they would let the hand heal, and there knuckles would be more flat. Once it was healed they would punch metal plates like a thousand times a day. After doing this for like 20 years they said, if they wanted to they could punch through human bodies.

yess.... well i could punch through a V8 engine block........"if i wanted to" :D

really i'll believe it if i see it.

You don't have to hit hard stuff to condition them. You could do push ups on a wood or concrete for example. Hitting hard stuff over and over is bound to mess up your hands.

your bone cells are a lattice-like structure. when you hit something hard, it causes microfractures in the little lattices... when they grow back, they grow back stronger, move calcium/phosphorus. By repeatedly hitting something hard, your bones will be come more dense, stronger, and less likely to be broken.

your flesh on the other hand, will deteriorate from the bruising. You won't get calluses from it either.

Back