Would Nick Diaz even get sanctioned at this point?

He can barely put together a coherent sentence. He most likely has CTE. If he takes anymore shots to the head or gets brutally KO'd, I don't think that's something the UFC would want to answer to. Who has had worse punch drunk speech that they let fight?

Stipe talks weird, but that's mostly from inhaling smoke as a fire fighter on top of being a fighter. His voice is super raspy, but he still makes sense.

I don't think this guy should be taking anymore shots to the head.

Thoughts?

Yes, he would get licensed.
California licensed a 48 year old Chuck Liddell, who was in way worse shape.

It's not clear to me where CTE begins and alcohol ends for Nick Diaz. Not to mention overlaying that duo on top of a guy who wasn't the most articulate in the best of times.

If it's just a matter of putting down the bottle, it would be trivial. Honestly, even if he didn't, it would probably still be relatively trivial.

It's not clear to me where CTE begins and alcohol ends for Nick Diaz. Not to mention overlaying that duo on top of a guy who wasn't the most articulate in the best of times.

If it's just a matter of putting down the bottle, it would be trivial. Honestly, even if he didn't, it would probably still be relatively trivial.

Yep, both can and do cause brain damage.

nick was obviously upset about what happened to nate. admitted to having a really rough week and was open about things. To me the interview compared to his older interviews just lead me to believe hes had a hard week , might have been drinking a lot, might have been really stressed but not definitely cte. maybe it would explain why hes isolated him self so much but idk. i think he was more upset over nates fight than anything. i guess we will see. there was also points in the interview where i was trying to translate what nick was communicating about and maybe i'm wrong but he made it seem like he was talking about having issues in his head. never said it but would put his hands up and make a noise and be like you know what im saying...

He can barely put together a coherent sentence. He most likely has CTE. If he takes anymore shots to the head or gets brutally KO'd, I don't think that's something the UFC would want to answer to. Who has had worse punch drunk speech that they let fight?

Stipe talks weird, but that's mostly from inhaling smoke as a fire fighter on top of being a fighter. His voice is super raspy, but he still makes sense.

Thoughts?

firefighters actually take a lot of brain damage. think about being in a room breathing in burning furniture, plastic and house hold chemicals.
stipe blocks a lot of shots with his head. Not claiming hes a cte head because he has a specific way of communicating just that he is a likely candidate.

Nick sounded and acted more drunk than cte. stated he was upset all week over nate losing. sounded like it hurt him to hold back at the mas fight.
lets wait for another interview.

Even if he got sanctioned he would still get his ass beat

Thoughts?

does nick have cte or is he just stoned/drunk?...you have to differentiate that....we all know nick smokes weed like eating candy...and seems to be drinking like a fish lately...lets see how he is, after getting sober...nate talks ok and he's probably taken more punishment than nick has...remember, nick really hasn't fought in years...hasn't won a fight in god knows how long.

"What was Mike Tyson saying all those years."
You can't not sanction a fighter because he can't pronounce the letter S properly.

Do you think a lisp was the only thing different when Tyson spoke?

It's not CTE, he's just either drunk, high or both whenever on camera.

Even if he gets cleared,ufc still might not want to have him out there.

Back