Would Nick Diaz even get sanctioned at this point?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He can barely put together a coherent sentence. He most likely has CTE. If he takes anymore shots to the head or gets brutally KO'd, I don't think that's something the UFC would want to answer to. Who has had worse punch drunk speech that they let fight?

Stipe talks weird, but that's mostly from inhaling smoke as a fire fighter on top of being a fighter. His voice is super raspy, but he still makes sense.

I don't think this guy should be taking anymore shots to the head.

Thoughts?

They don't really consider speech. I mean, wtf was Mike Tyson saying all those years

I doubt they have any real grounds ton which hey could deny him a license

He doesnt seems interested in fighting again so its ok I guess

I believe he still owes money to NSAC, so likely not until that's cleared up.

I mean, they let dada 5000 and CM Punk fight...

Nick has never been the least bit articulate. It’s pretty clear he’s not comfortable with public speaking, this isn’t new

Bro commissions don't really care about fighter safety.

This is Bigfoot Silva's recent record and he still got sanctioned by a State Athletic Commission for his BKFC fight last month. Predictably, he got KO'd by Gabriel Gonzaga.

bigfoot.jpg

CTE is also called being punch drunk, because you sound like a drunk, while you're sober. Nick is an actual drunk and sounds like a drunk, because he is drunk. His train of thought too - starting from a certain topic, then going on and on about more and more random stuff (while refusing to be interrupted).

P.S. But even if he had CTE, comissions won't give a damn, since CTE can't be diagnosed. And I'm betting even in his alcoholic state Nick will be a lot better in his physical tests than many lard assed HWs.

They don't really consider speech. I mean, wtf was Mike Tyson saying all those years
"What was Mike Tyson saying all those years."
You can't not sanction a fighter because he can't pronounce the letter S properly.

If Meldrick Taylor was allowed to fight after Chavez then Nick Diaz should be allowed to fight

If Chuck Liddel got sanctioned at 48 after 8 years off then Nick can.

Back