Would it surprise anyone if Weidman gassed and gets finished in the 3rd?

It wouldn't surprise me at all, we've never seen any semblance of cardio from Weidman, as a matter of fact the only time he has ever gone past the 2nd rd he gassed. .

He has been past the second round more than once and he looked alright aside from the Maia fight.

ppl keep pointing to a fight he took on 11 days notice vs one of the best grapplers on the planet who he proceeded to outgrapple??

im sure that heavy pace of Machida moving backwards alot will wear Weedman down........ but i dont blame the Machida fans. You are trying to find a hole, its hard cuz Weedman has been pretty damn dominant.

I wonder if he still has that explosive TD after the first round is over. Didn't look like it in his last two.

Wonder if Machida can survive R1 unscathed too though. IMO, Machida gets rocked more easily than Anderson Silva. Weidman could beat him up in the first round if he gets him down.

I wonder how the clinch goes down between them. Again, Weidman is especially dangerous in the early going because of his crazy strength. So a first round clinch is different from a 2nd or 3rd round clinch.

Yes it would surprise me, the only two times i've seen him get tired were on short notice, the first being his ufc debut on 14 days notice against Sakara and his fight with Maia on 10 days notice and in both fights he pushed the faster pace and still had the better gas tank in the third round.

This idea that he has bad cardio is unfounded, his cardio might not be great but so far it's at least average.

There is very little chance Weidman gasses against Machida either as Machida fights at a very slow pace.

If you've got time, rewatch his first fight against Anderson. He was visibly gassed during round 2.

According to his Sherdog Fight History:

He has 3 fights which have gone a full 3 rounds...all victories by Decision.

His finishes have mainly come in the first couple of minutes of the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Not sure if this paints any type of picture which may reflect his cardio. By the way, I'm leaving out his highly-debated wins over Anderson Silva, for sake of the conversation.

I don't see this brought up too often on the forum, but I, too, believe he looked a tad winded coming into the 2nd round of his first fight with AS.

Because he "looks" tired. We don't really know for sure. But there are just no other asians in Weidmans armor. Nothing else to pick at, really.

Funny guy, huh?

We could've figured it out even with the censor.

How would Lyoto finish him? by sub? i dont think so, not even Maia could come close to subbing him and they grappled for 3 straight rounds.

KO? not a chance, Andy couldnt even come close to hurting Weidman standing, Lyoto's striking wont phase him.

Weidman has shown no true signs of having a bad gas tank or any real true weaknesses, just face it. he's gonna be champ a long time.

lots of ppl in denial here. weidman is going down!

It would surprise me... but only because this is the year that Team America is going to sweep the championship titles in the UFC.

HW: 'Merica
LHW: 'Merica
MW: 'Merica
WW: 'Merica
LW: 'Merica
FW: SOON
BW: 'Merica
FlW: 'Merica
WBW: 'Merica

Aldo's belt isn't going anywhere

Also, I think Weidman gasses when he get's caught in the mouth with a straight

How would Lyoto finish him? by sub? i dont think so, not even Maia could come close to subbing him and they grappled for 3 straight rounds.

KO? not a chance, Andy couldnt even come close to hurting Weidman standing, Lyoto's striking wont phase him.

Weidman has shown no true signs of having a bad gas tank or any real true weaknesses, just face it. he's gonna be champ a long time.

Machida's style is completely different from anything Weidman has faced. The fight with AS proves nothing

I've always liked how people say he looks gassed in fights, even though he was dominating his opponent while "gassed".

Gassed against Anderson, but knocked him clean out. Explain how that shit makes sense lol. If Chris was gassed against Silva he wouldn't have touched him.

I t would surprise me because that would mean he survived the first two rounds against Machida.

Everybody remembers Shadface, wait until we get Weidface.

Gonna be epic.

I've always liked how people say he looks gassed in fights, even though he was dominating his opponent while "gassed".

Gassed against Anderson, but knocked him clean out. Explain how that shit makes sense lol. If Chris was gassed against Silva he wouldn't have touched him.

Ray Charles could've KO'd Silva that night with the amount of goofing he was doing!

Last edited:
havent seen him gassed terribly enough for me to conclude that lyoto would beat him because he has poor cardio

poor cardio or not lyoto would win against him 7 times out of 10 fight

Machida isn't a guy who will get people to gas out.

His TDD is good which usually means people can gas out trying to take him down, BUT Machida usually stop the TD with a knee or by reversing it, very rarely do we see people trying to take him down for any decent duration.

Futher to that Machida maintains distance welll so unless they spam low percentage shots they will not shot on him very much.

If Weidman starts looking gassed later it will be because of being hit in the face and body knees, not a cardio issue with chris.

Weidman can ko Anderson wut u think hea gun a do to machida
Machida is a gnat and Chris is the dynamite

The only fight you can even question his cardio was the Maia fight on 11 days notice with over a 25lb weight cut. He's dominated every round of every fight other than that one, how in the world can you say he has a bad gas tank?

Back