Would it surprise anyone if Weidman gassed and gets finished in the 3rd?

TheBossKos

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me at all, we've never seen any semblance of cardio from Weidman, as a matter of fact the only time he has ever gone past the 2nd rd he gassed. I know that we rarely see champions gas, but I don't think we can say definitively that Weidman can get past the 3rd let alone go 5 rounds without gassing. I will say with confidence that if Weidman does gas, he's getting finished by Machida for sure.

I think he gasses in the 4th and gets stopped by front kick.

It would surprise me... but only because this is the year that Team America is going to sweep the championship titles in the UFC.

HW: 'Merica
LHW: 'Merica
MW: 'Merica
WW: 'Merica
LW: 'Merica
FW: SOON
BW: 'Merica
FlW: 'Merica
WBW: 'Merica

It would surprise me... but only because this is the year that Team America is going to sweep the championship titles in the UFC.

MUURICA, fuck yea! Freedom is the only way yea!

Gas has got to be his only downside that I have seen. But its expected because he looks huge and must really cut a lot for 185. That being said I got Machida winning in the late rounds.

Weidman's cardio isn't tested so is definitely suspect. But I remember when everyone was saying that Hendricks didn't have cardio and would gas out in later rounds. Yet it seems like he does fine in 5 rounders.

We'll see...we shall see

Gas? No I don't see it. He gassed against Maia on like 11 days notice. I'll give the guy a pass. Who knows he might gas. But do fighters really gas against Machida?

He won't get gassed because it won't get to the third due to Machida front kicking his face into oblivion in the second.

I have absolutely no idea why his cardio has ever been called into question. It was a cute way to give Silva fans hope for their 2nd fight, but I've certainly never seen a problem with his cardio other than the Maia fight where he cut 30lbs in 10 days.

I've seen him go 3 hard rounds on short notice and his cardio looked excellent the entire time.

I'm not sure if he is considered a huge MW or not, but he does have a bad gas tank. Might be due to the weight cut or his constant issues with injuries causing him not to complete a full camp, who knows.

On a side note WTF is up with all of the champs constantly getting injured? We haven't seen the Chris fight since December :mad:

Gas? No I don't see it. He gassed against Maia on like 11 days notice. I'll give the guy a pass. Who knows he might gas. But do fighters really gas against Machida?

Good point.. Machida is the one who has to pace himself considering all the moving he does.. I was impressed by machida's cardio in the Moose fight..

Machida doesn't need to make someone gas to beat them.. He simply needs to be on his game, and I think this fight is his

I have absolutely no idea why his cardio has ever been called into question. It was a cute way to give Silva fans hope for their 2nd fight, but I've certainly never seen a problem with his cardio other than the Maia fight where he cut 30lbs in 10 days.

I've seen him go 3 hard rounds on short notice and his cardio looked excellent the entire time.

If you've got time, rewatch his first fight against Anderson. He was visibly gassed during round 2.

No way! Lol he's a beast. Plus elite wrestling equates to more dominance, control like dirty boxing and takedowns
Machida is the one whos going to run

lol at Aldo losing to a american. Not happening bob.

I think Lyoto gets a nice stoppage in the 2nd rd Weidman is not even close to Lyoto when it comes to stand up IMO

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'd agree that the gas tank is Weidman's biggest weakness.

I believe he is a better fighter skill for skill than most, if not all at MW, but could someday get bested due to tiredness.

Back