Would it better to be die rich or die poor?

Rich. Because I could leave something behind for people.. and could keep good care around me until I go.

Saying religion was designed is like saying politics was designed. Neither were designed, they both arose as largely social expressions of evolved biology.

Now, saying Religion and indeed any power structure usually results in the dominance of the more successful over the less successful is imo more accurate.

About the only major religion one can level such claims on is Scientology, being created whole cloth, by one man for the expressed purpose of doing so.

Others are largely much, much more organic than that.

Jesus was an anti capitalist, anti centralist. His teachings are very much the opposite of what you suggest. People of course use any structure to their advantage and organised religion, and indeed organised almost anything is garbage as a result.
I do not agree. I do not know what Jesus was, if he existed at all, but the rise and dominance of Abrahamic religions is the direct result of their re-design and usage as political instruments of control.

A rich man and a poor man are both dead doesn't matter either way in the end, they are the same... just a corpse.
As multi millionaire ramon Ayala said we only take a clump of dirt with us.

"No voy a llevarme nada
Ay que darle gusto al gusto
La vida pronto se acaba
Lo que paso en este mundo
No mas el recuerdo queda
Ya muerto voy a llevarme, no mas un puno de tierra
El día que yo me muera, no voy a llevarme nada"

At least if you're rich, you can afford the best care, so at least you will die somewhat comfortably.

I do not agree. I do not know what Jesus was, if he existed at all, but the rise and dominance of Abrahamic religions is the direct result of their re-design and usage as political instruments of control.

That they were used by people, as a power structure they could manipulate is without question. The matter was however whether religion was designed for such. I argue that it was not. That religion is an extension of ourselves and that the manipulation of power structure for our advantage is also an extension of ourselves, they often coincide but correlation is not causation.

I'd rather die remembered and loved than either.

Dying rich means you can go out while surrounded by hookers and blow. I imagine that's harder to do if you're poor.

Poor. Better chsnce at getting in to Heaven

That they were used by people, as a power structure they could manipulate is without question. The matter was however whether religion was designed for such. I argue that it was not. That religion is an extension of ourselves and that the manipulation of power structure for our advantage is also an extension of ourselves, they often coincide but correlation is not causation.
Religion as a phenomenon was not designed as a tool of power, I agree, and was not created per se but sprouted from mankind's innate need to explain the unknown and give things meaning.
However it was shaped into a tool of political influence multiple times in human history (Egypt, South America, etc etc), with the latest (yet) and arguably most successful version - abrahamic religions such as Christianity and Islam, Islam being basically Christianity 2.0 on steroids.
You can see in European history many cases how entire states violently abandoned their original beliefs and replaced them with Christianity because the leading politicians thought paganism insufficient to dictate the doctrines to the masses. I underline "violently" here. It was the same in Norse lands and in the land of the Rus, political leaders adopted Christianity, with its values of the herd and the doctrine of god-given power of the monarch, and then went on a crusade against their own people, erasing the old history and culture with sword and fire.
What is it if not a political instrument at work? Was it the belief and the goal of the original early Christians? I think not, but it is unimportant in this case.

Which one would be better?

If you're poor and you're dying, it's a small step down.

If you're rich and you're on your death bed, you have billions in your bank account, you're in your mega mansion on your bed, thinking about all the things you still want to do with all your money, thinking about your company that you ran for decades wondering what's going to happen to it.

Well. Funeral arrangements cost quite a bit of money these days, so even dying will suck if youre poor.

If you die rich, your friends and relatives will surely attend your funeral expecting for somekind of inheritance.

Back