Would GSP fight Tony if he beat Khabib? If so, who gets the W?

Tony dominates that fraud from start to finish and has him tapping to elbows

if the question is GSP Vs anyone under 185lbs.

the answer is GSP.

What would be the point?

To be champ champ champ and beat the undisputed LW GOAT

if the question is GSP Vs anyone under 185lbs.

the answer is GSP.

If that was the case he would have fought the WW champs of the past 7 years lol. Usman, Colby, Woodley and Edwards are all fights he could lose, even in his absolute prime. Forgot how his last fight at WW went? And if he dares go to 155 Khabib, Gaejthe, Tony are all extremely tough fights for him.

If that was the case he would have fought the WW champs of the past 7 years lol. Usman, Colby, Woodley and Edwards are all fights he could lose, even in his absolute prime. Forgot how his last fight at WW went? And if he dares go to 155 Khabib, Gaejthe, Tony are all extremely tough fights for him.
lol. casual indeed

lol. casual indeed

Quite the rebuttal.

EDIT:
Capture.png

<mma3>

Last edited:

Gsp already did 2x

I think Khabib beats Tony, but say Tony beat Khabib. Would GSP be down to break Tony's 13 fight win streak? Do you think Tony is stylistically an easier or harder match up for GSP than Khabib?
I honestly don't know who wins this one, Tony is a savage. Tony is way more fun to watch and seems to have a deadlier arsenal than GSP. I can see GSP outpointing him, by timing take downs and jabbing but you guys saw what bisping did to a bloated GSP from the bottom. So tony could be dangerous everywhere. Interestingly their reach and height is very similar. Tony has better recovery but seems to get dropped easier.
My mouth is watering thinking about this match up.

giphy.gif

GSP has had one fight in six years. He was one of the GOAT's, but now he's middle aged (which is old for professional sport) and nowhere close to as good as he once was. He hasn't earned a title shot in any weight division (again, one fight in six years), so why in the world does anyone want to see him fight for a title?

The only reason Khabib or Tony or anyone wants to fight GSP is because they know he's an old man (ie relatively easy fight) who sells PPV's. The reason no new stars are being developed is because of all the attention old (and basically retired) fighters are getting.

GSP was great. He's not anymore, and should be coaching at this point if he wants to stay in MMA, not fighting.

I don't think anyone would come out of retirement to fight Tony Ferguson, it's not the most enticing prospect, even if you win you're getting fucked up, the guy is a savage.
Don't forget he isn't a draw and nobody outside of hardcore fans knows who he is. That also plays a huge role

Would depend on if some of Khabib's popularity transferred to Tony. If Tony were to win in an epic fight it could capture some casual fans for him.

I'd lean that GSP probably doesn't take the fight, but things do change. Look at Masvidal's appeal just one year ago vs now...

Back