• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would groin kicks change Muay Thai or mma stances

I think the stances would change for sure. Not worth having your most vulnerable areas wide open.

Eh groin strikes are sorta allowed or you wouldn't get penalty for the foul. That is why they use steel cups. Westerners tend to wear it wrong; we wear it directly over the nuts but it's suppose to fit lower to cover the balls. You almost never see them stop action because of it. I believe it wasn't even included in the rules until the 80s. They don't even stop for clash of heads.

Last edited:
Eh groin strikes are sorta allowed or you wouldn't get penalty for the foul. That is why they use steel cups. Westerners tend to wear it wrong; we wear it directly over the nuts but it's suppose to fit lower to cover the balls. You almost never see them stop action because of it. I believe it wasn't even included in the rules until the 80s. They don't even stop for clash of heads.
This is correct.
And many are happier for it lol
muay-thai-groin-kick.jpg

1.The groin kicks are allowed in Muay Thai but no one intentionally does them.

2.Knee kicks aren't allowed but used to be allowed.

Groin attacks were allowed until the 1980s in Muay Thai boxing Direct strikes to the groin may consider it shameful. Muay Thai has defence

Completely people would hve to have two hands making a cross handed block over their groin
But that would open them up for the two finger strike to the eyes. So then you gotta put one hand up vertically in the center of your face to stop the eye poke
It would be the largest revolution since our ancient ancestors toppled the alien overlords who were spreading anti-christian beliefs in order to enable the coming of the antichrist. Unfortunately they managed to bury many fake dinosaur bones around our flat earth to distract satanic scientists before retreating to behind the ice wall

But this all day 1 stuff for any beginner in Striking martial arts

This is hilarious, especially considering since I've been listening to a bunch of European death/black metal lately. ?1?

It put a end to all the ppl that fake getting hit in the nuts to get a break.

Ppl think nut kick straight up. You can roundhouse it too

What about knees to the groin in the clinch?

<BC1>

Everyone would just get those steel cups that Joe Rogan used to talk about all the time whenever a fighter got nut shotted.

Or they could just buy Thai cups and save like $80.

<Fedor23>

This is hilarious, especially considering since I've been listening to a bunch of European death/black metal lately. ?1?

What about knees to the groin in the clinch?

<BC1>

Or they could just buy Thai cups and save like $80.

<Fedor23>

noobs have perfected bypassing the pads and going straight for the nut shot the majority of the time lol

Will change a bit if they will be widely accepted.

Stance a bit changes even for so called street or rough school fights if lad knows that there might be absolute dirtiness.
F.e it depends from area and crowd and guy.
Some doesn't use this even when they are in retard mode, also doesn't kick downed opponent, some are happy to do this and even more.

Back