Would Fighting A Prime Anderson Silva even have been a good idea for GSP?

Jones is GOAT

GSP is number 2

I’ve been called a GSP hater but I must say silva would of been classic gsp performance

Anderson isn’t submitting nor getting George off him

It would of made him undisputed GOAT since he would of already beat another GOAT in there prime

A goat vs Goat win is worth like 4 good wins in the standings

Crazy that we could of seen GSP vs Aldo at 155 if George could make the weight

- GSP avenged all his losses
- He left after Hendricks, So?
- He beat Bisping and vacated. So? Bisping was just the cherry on top.

So?

Hendricks bloodies him up and he conveniently retires lol Aliens. He promises Dana that he would defend the MW title if he beats Bisping, again he flees and makes some bullshit excuse.

What a Champ

Only fights when the odds are at his favor

So?

Hendricks bloodies him up and he conveniently retires lol Aliens. He promises Dana that he would defend the MW title if he beats Bisping, again he flees and makes some bullshit excuse.

What a Champ

Only fights when the odds are at his favor
His retirement was already planned before the Hendricks fight ya goof.

Go back and check the pre-fight interviews. Reporters even asked Dana about it.

How is beating Bisping a bad thing? The Bisping fight was just the cherry on top. He was already considered the GOAT before that. Whether he defended the MW belt or not doesn't change anything.

I was a big fan of both and would have loved to see that fight.

His retirement was already planned before the Hendricks fight ya goof.

Go back and check the pre-fight interviews. Reporters even asked Dana about it.

How is beating Bisping a bad thing? The Bisping fight was just the cherry on top. He was already considered the GOAT before that. Whether he defended the MW belt or not doesn't change anything.

He only announced after the Hendricks fight ya goof

Winning fights is a good thing, beating Bisping counts but he did not defend the title as he promised Dana.

Anderson lost to 4-7 Takase, Chonan and numerous other fighters

Anderson has been busted for PED’s numerous times

Anderson lost to Bisping

Well he never denied title defense but we are not discussing Anderson here.

GSP fans are delusional

He only announced after the Hendricks fight ya goof

Winning fights is a good thing, beating Bisping counts but he did not defend the title as he promised Dana.

Well he never denied title defense but we are not discussing Anderson here.

GSP fans are delusional

He never denied title defence? He tried to duck Chris in favour of Cung Le or Rich Franklin though which is hilarious.

Anderson fans can’t handle the truth

He never denied title defence? He tried to duck Chris in favour of Cung Le or Rich Franklin though which is hilarious.

Anderson fans can’t handle the truth

He fought Chris twice, nice try keep fabricating lies.

A few things about that whole situation:

a) it would've been a great fight, possibly top 5 in all of combat history.
b) GSP knew Silva was a roider, that's why he asked for extra testing and why the fight fell out
c) GSP would've 50-45d Silva 80% of the time, Silva winning by KO (and having 30lbs and 4 inches on GSP) 20% of the time, imo.

GSP not giving a rematch to Hendricks and running away from a MW title defense puts him bellow other champions. I can´t see Fedor, Jones, Aldo and Anderson running away from fights.

I can see Fedor losing 3 in a row in his prime
I can see Jones pissing hot 4 times
I can see Aldo being 1-3 on a 4 fight streak before his 30s and not even being GOAT in his own division
I can see Anderson having nearly double digit losses and pissing hot twice

All of these records are tainted, one way or another.

GSP is 26-2, both losses avenged, lineal WW champ, lineal MW champ, 9x defenses, clean champ, role model, etc.

There’s a reason why that fight never happen n it wasn’t Anderson lack of trying

It’s also the same reason why gsp retired after being gifted a sd over Hendricks, why he cherrypicked bisping as his return fight n why he vacated mw immediately afterwards n refused to face Whittaker

I am not sure about prime but there was a muscular Anderson who was very fast.

That’s that suppose to prove?

Anderson felt that a guy with less than 10 fights wasn’t ready for a ts n that’s why when they did face off Anderson was clowning around n didn’t take him seriously.

That’s that suppose to prove?

It's supposed to prove what I said

Anderson felt that a guy with less than 10 fights wasn’t ready for a ts n that’s why when they did face off Anderson was clowning around n didn’t take him seriously.

Anderson felt Cung Le and Rich Franklin were ready though.

No wonder he thought that because against Chris he got destroyed twice.

he would have made more in that fight than any of his other fights and if he won he would have been an even bigger star. And if he lost I don't think it would have hurt him that bad because he would be fighting out of his weight class.

Probably should've of.

But still to this day I think GSP just had too much respect for Silva and what he was doing at MW and really didn't want to rain on his parade.

P.S.: After the first Chael fight I don't know what the hell Silva could've done to stop getting just GNP every round against GSP outside of great combination to put GSP down. GSP's stand up is light years better than Chael's and GSP's takedown percentage and control is also better than Chael's. I honestly think it would've been kind of boring match overall with GSP winning every round.

Um, how about Chael is way bigger than GSP, which will make a considerable difference in how easy it is to take someone down.

The fact that GSP would never agree to fight Anderson just shows what a fraud he is. He wasn't interested in chasing greatness, not true greatness - He only made the move to Middleweight when there was a weak champion that he knew he could take, but not when someone as dangerous as Anderson Silva was ruling the roost.

We all love GSP. He is the most strategic and the smartest fighter we have ever seen in mma. He is also among the best fighters in history at managing his career.

Would fighting Anderson have been a good idea? I don’t think so. Anderson was at the time the most scary guy in mma, And the reward was too low compared to the very high risk of fighting him. I don’t think GSP/Firas would ever accept that fight.

Now, GSP can keep earning big money from sponsors long after his career is over. Had he lost to Anderson, he would lose this oportunity.

Back