Would Diaz have got the finish if he followed up instead of standing back and pointing and laughing?

I think he could have. Was a clear opening after the Stockton slap - left straight combo had Edwards almost out on his feet.

Yes, Leon was hurt badly and if Diaz swarmed those 10 sec instead of pointing he would have KO :D

Coulda woulda shoulda.Leon thought it was over and got to flat footed.

Stumbling away like a drunkard with his head rolling and hands down is defending well?
Nate let him of the hook big time there I think could have easily KOd him with a combination in the seconds after the punch landed.

i don’t think he realized how hurt he was until he pointed at him and that’s when he went after him but his legs were fucked

Diaz was already worn out himself and he's never been a power puncher.
Wouldn't have needed power to finish after landing that. A quick one two or another straight or hook and Edwards would be sleeping.

The fight comes across now as a legit kind of losing win for Edwards because of it anyway.

Also I much more fancy Masvidals chances in a fight now with Edwards.

He did that to prove to Leon that he had his number...Its the deep waters the bell cant save him from.

It is part of makes The Diaz Bro so cool.

Haters cant see it.

<{natewhut}>
<209Bitch>

Also keeping his name relevant forever

I think he should be put in the hall of fame already.

Nate for years resorts to fipping his opponent of / taunting when he himself cant go on the offensive or is outclassed. I guess he considers that a moral victory but truth is most of the times he does it because he looses.

In that particular scene Diaz was badly damaged and himself out of cardio. He did not have it in him to go after Edwards but instead of just letting him go he plays the taunting game. Its his coping mechanism for loosing and the built in excuse for after the fight for his trademark" I could have won if I only wanted"

He does it in near every fight.

*losing.

"for years resorts to fipping his opponent of / taunting when he himself cant go on the offensive"
He taunts constantly throughout his fights, even in rd. 1. Does he also taunt when he's tired and can't go forward? Perhaps. But that doesn't make it a coping mechanism.

That's just a completely wrong take on Nate.

If you really believe it, give examples. This is the only fight I know of where you could make that case because of when it happened and how beat up Nate was which actually makes the counter-point. Nate taunts all the time regardless of if he is winning or losing, so of course you can find examples of him taunting in every fight he loses. You also find it in every fight he wins. It's in every fight.

Probably not. It’s part of his strategy to create openings and it often works

100%.
Watch it again and in Sherdogger style stand up and throw some punches (nothing too crazy or fast) after Nate connects with Leon.
I got off 17 before Nate went and attempted another.

Clearly Nate didn't expect the punch to have done the damage it did and instead of paying attention he kinda fcked himself with the theatrics. Still, no complaints it was awesome.

When he first hit him, leon was fucked hands were down and dazed. I counted 7-8 seconds where nate didnt follow up after. Stupidity.

I don’t think he cared, he won by making his point that Leon is a hype job. If Nate can slap then rock him like that, imagine Burns, Colby or Usmans aggressiveness.

Leon was supposed to be great and deserving of a title shot, all he had to do was beat Diaz in a big way. He is a decision guy, nothing more. He couldn’t even finish Nate, which most people on here said he could. I said all week he will win via a decision as usual. Except Diaz shocked us and showed how bad Leon is. I can’t wait to see him never fight for the title, well done Dana for wrecking the hype train.

Nate is super hard to finish unless it's by cut

Member when Thiago Silva almost knocked out Rashad Evans and instead of going for the finish they had a shadow boxing dance off...

Reactions: Po
Nate is super hard to finish unless it's by cut
And that cut only happened once in a soy boy state where everyone wears a mask and gets vaxxed, any other state and they would have fought until the end

Edwards recovered pretty well and when Nate did attack he was never close to replicating that rocking so nothing much to talk about. Nate just got a moment of success in a fight he was outclassed in for the majority of the time.
He gave him a long time to get his bearings after the initial punch. He recovered because Mate taunted, not because of some miraculous defense

Back