Would Diaz have got the finish if he followed up instead of standing back and pointing and laughing?

His leg was fucked from leg kicks. His movement was compromised to move in for the kill.

Leon was also defending well and moving away.
Stumbling away like a drunkard with his head rolling and hands down is defending well?
Nate let him of the hook big time there I think could have easily KOd him with a combination in the seconds after the punch landed.

I think he could have. Was a clear opening after the Stockton slap - left straight combo had Edwards almost out on his feet.

Its funny that him and Nick are known stoners and shit like this is his saving grace.

Stumbling away like a drunkard with his head rolling and hands down is defending well?
Nate let him of the hook big time there I think could have easily KOd him with a combination in the seconds after the punch landed.
Easier said than done.
Leon was using the clinch to recover and circling away from Nate. If Nate's leg wasn't fucked he could've tried cutting the cage.

Here’s the thing, Diaz took a very large amount of damage that fight regardless of what he says. His movement was super compromised and his cardio wasn’t where he was used to it being at that point. Diaz took the easy way out and allowed himself to rest and stay safe and then claim post fight “I could have won at any time” rather than trying his 100% best to finish the fight. Truth is he initiated a lot of the clinch work in that final minute when he could have tried to go for the finish. It’s also possible the dude was just too tired or concussed himself and was just on autopilot at that point. Diaz showed that he’s tough and dangerous but he got styled on and beat up very badly and for 4.5 rounds and is going around saying I won, basically. I really enjoyed that fight though both guys looked good at times. Not a big diaz fan but I think Nate is much better now than he was when he fought Rory years ago, which is surprising considering I thought the guy would def peak shortly after TUF and would be irrelevant by now.

His leg was fucked from leg kicks. His movement was compromised to move in for the kill.

Leon was also defending well and moving away.

Oh ok so It had nothing to do with choosing to stand still and point like an idiot?

Nate was beat up, but yeah pointing and laughing was not the right call.

Should have gone after it more.

What a crazy upset that would have been.

Nate for years resorts to fipping his opponent of / taunting when he himself cant go on the offensive or is outclassed. I guess he considers that a moral victory but truth is most of the times he does it because he looses.

In that particular scene Diaz was badly damaged and himself out of cardio. He did not have it in him to go after Edwards but instead of just letting him go he plays the taunting game. Its his coping mechanism for loosing and the built in excuse for after the fight for his trademark" I could have won if I only wanted"

He does it in near every fight.

add a right hook to end that combo and it's goodnight , his body was even in the perfect position to do it, just not his punch though

Leon was out on his feet. If Nate had gone after him he would have put him away. Giving him a few seconds was all Leon needed.

I don’t think he cared, he won by making his point that Leon is a hype job. If Nate can slap then rock him like that, imagine Burns, Colby or Usmans aggressiveness.

Leon was supposed to be great and deserving of a title shot, all he had to do was beat Diaz in a big way. He is a decision guy, nothing more. He couldn’t even finish Nate, which most people on here said he could. I said all week he will win via a decision as usual. Except Diaz shocked us and showed how bad Leon is. I can’t wait to see him never fight for the title, well done Dana for wrecking the hype train.

Back