Would Cormier beat Jones if they fought again?

No, Jones' genetic height and reach advantage is just too much. DC would lose to Ngannou for the same reasons.

Unquestionably, Jones was on roids both of their fights while DC has been clean his entire career while beating the who's who of both divisions. Im sorry but DC smashes Reyes and Santos both, and if you cant tell Jones is a shell of himself without juice then you haven't been watching

"Unquestionably" for something completely questionable = "stupidity."

Jones seem to have declined in the last few fights.
Would DC have enough in him to beat Jones if they fought now?

Or would this match play out like the first two?
Creating another DC and Jon thread should be a bannable offense.

"Unquestionably" for something completely questionable = "stupidity."
Definition of stupidity- behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment. Nothing about the statement I made shows lack of good sense or judgment there boss man. Would you place your money on the representation of Jones in his last two fights versus DC? I know my money is on DC all day

Definition of stupidity- behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment. Nothing about the statement I made shows lack of good sense or judgment there boss man. Would you place your money on the representation of Jones in his last two fights versus DC? I know my money is on DC all day

Styles and strategies make fights. There's no indication that he's faded.

First time he ever had a fight where he wasn't dominant - Gus, where, while still enjoying a sizable reach advantage, not as much as he was used to. Guys he hasn't looked great against - Gus had a 79 inch reach. Reyes, 77. Santos - 76 but employed a leg kick strategy early on with success, OSP 80.

People Jones has looked great against, all 75 inch reaches or less, except they have Rua listed at 76. Corimer couldn't make weight again at LHW, it would kill him to try, and he's faded more with age than Jones has, because his age is that much more. I'd take any version of Jones over DC. That matchup simply sucks for DC.

Cormier? 72 inch reach. Is that the key? Maybe, maybe not. Certainly it's "disputable" whether he's faded or simply had stylistic and physical matchups that minimize the advantages he employed against fighters he dominated.

Styles and strategies make fights. There's no indication that he's faded.

First time he ever had a fight where he wasn't dominant - Gus, where, while still enjoying a sizable reach advantage, not as much as he was used to. Guys he hasn't looked great against - Gus had a 79 inch reach. Reyes, 77. Santos - 76 but employed a leg kick strategy early on with success, OSP 80.

People Jones has looked great against, all 75 inch reaches or less, except they have Rua listed at 76. Corimer couldn't make weight again at LHW, it would kill him to try, and he's faded more with age than Jones has, because his age is that much more. I'd take any version of Jones over DC. That matchup simply sucks for DC.

Cormier? 72 inch reach. Is that the key? Maybe, maybe not. Certainly it's "disputable" whether he's faded or simply had stylistic and physical matchups that minimize the advantages he employed against fighters he dominated.

Now thats the type of response that is nice to see. I was at the Prudential center the day Jones beat Shogun, I remember being pissed he was even in the Main Event after I purchased my ticket. I wanted to see Rashad/Shogun at that point in time of both of their careers. I know first hand how good Jones is. I am def bias also, I have loved everything DC has represented since he was an alternate in the Strikeforce tourney, admired him fighting UFC light heavy because of his bond with Cain. And Jones is the exact opposite of a role model. I root for Jones to overcome adversity, but every time he lets me down, and until he checks into a long term rehab, it will only be a publicity stunt. I don't think Jones ever fights DC without being on juice, I really don't. I view it more as a self confidence issue. DC was putting it on Jones that second fight. And he popped after, I really believe without the sauce the KO never happens and DC wins.

Now thats the type of response that is nice to see. I was at the Prudential center the day Jones beat Shogun, I remember being pissed he was even in the Main Event after I purchased my ticket. I wanted to see Rashad/Shogun at that point in time of both of their careers. I know first hand how good Jones is. I am def bias also, I have loved everything DC has represented since he was an alternate in the Strikeforce tourney, admired him fighting UFC light heavy because of his bond with Cain. And Jones is the exact opposite of a role model. I root for Jones to overcome adversity, but every time he lets me down, and until he checks into a long term rehab, it will only be a publicity stunt. I don't think Jones ever fights DC without being on juice, I really don't. I view it more as a self confidence issue. DC was putting it on Jones that second fight. And he popped after, I really believe without the sauce the KO never happens and DC wins.
Except, no, he didn't exactly "pop" that time. It's the same M3 metabolite in the same trace amounts fluctuating in the same way as the other tests later tests, without any previous indications of the parent substance or the primary or medium-term metabolites.

Now, maybe you feel that the subsequent results he was not punished for were also positive results. But based on what we know today, which is better than what we knew before, he would not be suspended for that result.

By beef with your original post was, obviously, the use of the word "undisputably." If you wanted to say there was no doubt in your mind, I might disagree, but I'm not going to call that "stupidity." Clearly it's a matter of dispute, and I'm generally going to push back on hyperbole, using words that are actually the opposite of the case at hand, and statement of opinion as fact. I'm picky/pedantic about that kind of stuff, because I try to choose my own words very carefully. I'd be the same way if someone posted "Jones literally killed DC" or something like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back