Would Corey and Phil dominate Glover again?

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or would old man Glover beat them now?

Corey and Davis dominated a younger prime Glover. I see them doing it again. What do you think?

NervousPolishedAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif

"So how many dollars do you give @TheSpider every time he says a Bellator fighter could beat UFC fighters Scott?"

Do you think Corey and Phil dominate 41 year old Glover again?

Really good wrestlers who focus on wrestling seem to be bad style matchups for him so it's certainly a possibility.

Rakic probably does too though.

If you have better wresting than he does, cardio, and don't over-commit to anything (but wrestling) then you can beat Glover. That described both of them back then and it still does.
It's been awesome to see Glover tearing it up this late in his career, but it's just more evident than ever that he needs to get on top and/or make you really tired to win.

Yes - it's jut a matter of style matchups

the LHW division in the UFC is full of strikers but Anderson/Davis would wrestlefuck him

That said, I hope Glover gets a title shot against Jan and wins

Bellator LHW division is way better than UFC's.

I feel more confident in Davis since he's been durable his entire career, and a better chain wrestler than Corey as well.

I'd still favor Corey over Teixeira, but him getting stuffed by Manhoef of all people, albeit only a couple of times, is not very inspiring.

<{cruzshake}>

It has some good fighters that could hang at the top of the division, but it has nothing on the UFC in terms of depth.
True, UFC has way more cans than Bellator at 205, won't deny it.

Anglickas would destroy Jan and he's not even top 5 in Bellator yet.

The top 5 Bellator LHW's would easily beat the top guys in the UFC

True, UFC has way more cans than Bellator at 205, won't deny it.

Anglickas would destroy Jan and he's not even top 5 in Bellator yet.

The top 5 Bellator LHW's would easily beat the top guys in the UFC

I dunno dude. I would tend to wait for guys to get there to see how they do. I've been bitten by many a hype train as someone who watches loads of stuff outside the UFC and had guys I thought would do well really struggle once they got there.

I think saying Anglickas would destroy Jan based off decisioning Polizzi is being very assumptive and I'm a Polizzi fan.

Or would old man Glover beat them now?

Corey and Davis dominated a younger prime Glover. I see them doing it again. What do you think?

Yes. Even Mousasi would beat glover too.

The Corey fight was only two years ago, Glover was 38. Thats not a young prime Glover. Glover's prime was extended by the MMA gods as repayment for being stuck out the UFC so long for visa issues, but the guy is still 40. He's a great 40, but still 40.

They probably still win. Just a style matchup thing. Glover's two weaknesses are being pushed back by pressure wrestler and guys with speed who can bang in the pocket. Davis and Corey should be able to do what they did again. Beating Robertson, Cutelaba, Krylov, Smith, and no knees Santos doesn't show that Glover would be any different in those matchups. He's 40 now so it might be even worse.

Always a chance he catches Corey with something but Davis has a really good chin.

I love Glover, from back in the days of mocking Shogun fans because their boy ducked Glover. But he's not the top of the LHW division imo. He hasn't fought the real threats in the division. Thiago was one of those threats a year or so ago but he seems shot from his injuries. The Thiago that starched Jan would also starch Glover.

I dunno dude. I would tend to wait for guys to get there to see how they do. I've been bitten by many a hype train as someone who watches loads of stuff outside the UFC and had guys I thought would do well really struggle once they got there.

I think saying Anglickas would destroy Jan based off decisioning Polizzi is being very assumptive and I'm a Polizzi fan.

Have you seen other Anglickas fights or just that one? Jan has nothing for him, Anglickas has way better boxing than Jan, he's stronger with a better chin and doesn't throw wild shots to get countered. Anglickas is a bad matchup for Jan

You already saw Corey/Davis vs #1 Glover and Nemkov is better than both of them.

Yes they do

Nemkov beats every LHW on the UFC roster

Thats a BIG Question mark as Matchup make styles

Santos was one big shot away from KOing Glover...just like how Glover was one takedown away from subbing Rumble

Not sure Nemkov beats Volkan, Jiri or Rakov either

Yes they do

Nemkov beats every LHW on the UFC roster

Yup, Nemkov is young and just hitting his prime. The best guys in the ufc's lhw division are old and on their way out.

Back