• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Charles Walk Down Khabib or Islam The Same Way He Has Everyone Else?

Olives will most likely keep the same gameplan. Nothing really changes for him. If anything Khabib need to change their game from a Cain pressure game plan to just a takedown and ground/pound one. There is no point to entertain Olives on the feet and Olives will concede takedowns.
Islam is different from Khabib. He doesn't strike much on the ground but he is way versatile on his feet than Khabib. Islam hasn't shown much firepower standing but he is technical enough. He probably has to work on striking on the ground. It lets him score points while he defends submissions. I don't think Islam will sub Olives easily.

High level sambo players tend to do just fine against BJJ guys.

True, but there are levels to Jiu Jitsu.

I would like to see Khabib in a fight against Jake Shields, Maia, Prime Askren, Palhares etc.

Last edited:
He is a grappler, of course, especially since it would be better for him to get TD in the middle of the cage, the big mistake fighters make againts Khabib and Islam is backing into the cage, they have perfected their TD game and their floor offensive for the cage.

It's hard to walk someone down when they want to be on the ground with you and can take you down at will.

True, but there are levels to Jiu Jitsu.

I would to see Khabib in a fight against Jake Shields, Maia, Prime Askren, Palhares etc.
Yes, there are levels to jujitsu. And that's why Oliveira has been submitted by Jim Miller, Anthony Pettis and Ricardo Lamas, while Khabib has been submitted by no one.
I also can't help but notice that every single grappler you'd want to see Khabib against are in a weight class above his.

I think it will Play the same as khazmat Burns.
Oliviera grappling could nullyfield their wrestling, but in standup they have no chance.
Oliviera by ko in both fights.

Remember when Dustin Poirier ALMOST subbed Khabib?

Charles will almost subb Khabib 2, 3, 4 times then actually finish him 2 mins into the first round.

There's a reason Khabib and Islam avoid ground fighters as much as possible and mysteriously pull out all the time.

defensiveness wouldnt be smart, thats why guys lose to kebab
keep the chaos approach and go from there
he could catch them with a sub
his boxing also got better and he packs a punch
in the end he has many tools

Remember when Dustin Poirier ALMOST subbed Khabib?

Charles will almost subb Khabib 2, 3, 4 times then actually finish him 2 mins into the first round.

There's a reason Khabib and Islam avoid ground fighters as much as possible and mysteriously pull out all the time.

Khabib would never fight Charles the same way he fought Dustin.

I think it will Play the same as khazmat Burns.
Oliviera grappling could nullyfield their wrestling, but in standup they have no chance.
Oliviera by ko in both fights.
But what if it doesn't nullify the wrestling? That's the question that needs answering.
Because that absolutely can't be discounted

Because it's not a foregone conclusion either for or against, but it does make the fight different than the other ones he's been having.

Last edited:
Well no shit, he's retired.
The hate is astounding on this site.
Not hate, just proven track record of Islam and Khabib pulling out of more fights than the entire top 15 together

Last edited:
It would be a good way for Khabib to take him down I'm sure.

But what if it doesn't nullify the wrestling? That's the question that needs answering.
Because they absolutely can't be discounted

Because it's not a foregone conclusion either for or against, but it does make the fight different than the other ones he's been having.

I want to see it

Back