• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Big John dare disqualify Jon for eye pokes?

I think that this should apply to ALL fighters who want to fight with extended the fingers on their lead hand, not just Jones. And poking a fighter in the eyes IS against the rules. It is up to the ref to determine when to take a point away for it.

If the ref tells a fighter who is fighting with extended fingers on his lead hand that he will take a point if those fingers enter his opponents eyes, then that fighter is aware of the consequences. Don't poke the opponent in the eyes.

Again, the ref is well within his authority to take a point when he sees fit, so no rule changes need to be applied.

That's the problem. You are asking a ref to issue warnings on something that...is....not.....illegal. Does Big john just get to make his own rule set?

No unless it was a very obviously intentional and extreme eye poke.

I wonder if he will actually be willing to take a point away. They always give warnings. Refs should STOP giving warnings and just take points away. it shouldn't matter if the foul is committed by accident or not. I can't think of many sports that excuse athletes for committing fouls because it was committed by accident.
THIS. So much this.

That's the problem. You are asking a ref to issue warnings on something that...is....not.....illegal. Does Big john just get to make his own rule set?

Eye pokes are illegal and it is up to the REF'S DISCRETION to take a point away. See post #122

Or,

"If you are fighting with your fingers extended it will fall within my discretion to take a point away when your fingers enter your opponents eyes."

Don't poke another fighter in the eyes and there is no issue.

Big John is/was a police officer.
First he will warn Jones, and if he insist with dem eyepokes Big John will shoot Jones in one leg.
You don´t fuck around eyepoking anyone when a poo-leez officer has his eyes on you.

Eye pokes are illegal and it is up to the REF'S DISCRETION to take a point away. See post #122

Or,

"If you are fighting with your fingers extended it will fall within my discretion to take a point away when your fingers enter your opponents eyes."

Don't poke another fighter in the eyes and there is no issue.

Refs issues warnings for rules violations. Fighting with an outstretched hand is not a rules violation. What you are asking the ref to do is;

A.) Issue a warning for something that is not illegal. (Fighting with an outstretched hand)

so that you can then,

B) Issue a point deduction with no prior warnings.

So the way you are getting around this dilemma of Jon Jones is to have Big John issue a warning for something that is not a rules violation so that you can then deduct a point on the first violation. It would be an incredibly unpopular policy and rightfully so.

Refs issues warnings for rules violations. Fighting with an outstretched hand is not a rules violation. What you are asking the ref to do is;

A.) Issue a warning for something that is not illegal. (Fighting with an outstretched hand)

so that you can then,

B) Issue a point deduction with no prior warnings.

So the way you are getting around this dilemma of Jon Jones is to have Big John issue a warning for something that is not a rules violation so that you can then deduct a point on the first violation. It would be incredibly unpopular policy and rightfully so.

Again, I am talking about all fighters, not just Jones. Look at my history, I am not a Jones fan, but I am not a basher either.

And the ref is not required to give a warning at all, that also falls within his discretion. He can disqualify someone immediately with no prior warning or point deduction if he sees fit.

All he has to say is "all eyepokes will result in deductions" to both fighters.....no favoritism.....no rules being changed as the referee is within his discretion to take points.....

It would be nice if he took a point away from jones for once.

I was wondering if Big John will be removed from the fight in the next few days?, with all this drama Jones and his team have made about it, I wonder if they will just replace him with a different ref and make Big John do that refs fight. seems like a simple solution

The solution isn't changing the ref. The solution is Jon Jones not eye-poking people over and over.

iwaVa3l.jpg

Little?

How big are you tough guy?

Little in maturity not in stature. I'm 5'11 in stature but I would still welcome the chance at fighting him and would have every intention to return the favour per eye poke. In fact as much as I support people coming together and being at peace and friendly with one another, I would allow DC to kick Jones in the nuts every time he was eye poked by the fucker.

Some people need to learn the hard way, and I'd pay to see it.

Back