Would anyone have a problem if they made Volkanoviski vs Chikadze right now?

zombie isn’t that good? What?

His best win since 2014 is Ige, who isn't elite and was giving him all sorts of trouble late.

Frankie is washed. He would never have done anything to Frankie closer to his prime. Renato isn't a great striker who he caught early in an exchange.

I don't hate Zombie, but he's very basic in his approach. He always has been. He did nothing but the same shit against Ortega all fight, and it let another basic striker like Ortega tool him with little trouble. Even Ige took over easily once he got used to what Zombie was doing on the feet.

He made most of his name off a ridiculously fun fight against Garcia and how he just wouldn't die in there, but is that something amazing? To even be put into that situation by a low level fighter like Garcia?

Again, I like the guy. He's got a good attitude and he makes fights fun. Also one of the best entrances in the game, but he's just not elite.

i wouldn't be opposed to him vs chikadze

similar to mayweather vs canelo // conor vs holloway... it may be better for volk to get him out of there early before he has more time to train and improve his grappling game.

the fight will likely be boring. i expect alot of wall stalling by volk to get points for control time. since he doesn't have to worry about subs.

Giga needs another big win or two. I’d like to see him against a grappler as no one has tested his ground game yet.

I really wouldn’t mind it, either that or fight Allen for number one contender. Giga looks like a contender and he’s also getting older, he is a 33 year old FW, he has maybe a year left in his prime especially at the weight class he’s in.

Might as well get in him in there now, there is no clear cut contender atm so it’s not like he’s skipping anyone, most of the guys in the top 5 are coming off losses anyway.

Yes, and no

Beating Barboza shouldn't bestow anyone the title of no.1 contender

But who else is it gonna be

Giga needs a couple more fights. But yea only him and Evloev are the only danger for Volk in the division. As I think Volk will try to duck Max trilogy for a long time.

Yeah. why not? Volk wants to be active and he hasn't fought Giga.

Just throw top 10 guys in there with him.

I'd rather watch this than a fight with C3 or C4 or whatever the nickname Cejudo goes by now. Once they are retired, they should stay retired, not making a comeback weeks later. It's just annoying.

I'm with you. I'd rather Volk fight someone new and active then run back the Max fight a third time.

Honestly, this third fight seemed dumb to me. Are we rally just gonna keep running this fight back until Max wins??

Like the third fight will be any different. Another super close fight that everyone will argue who won.

He wants to stay active. If number 1, or 2 aren’t ready to go in that time frame. Then I have no problem with it.

It’s no different than Izzy fighting Marvin because Whittaker wasn’t ready to go. Timing really plays into a lot of this. And if the champ wants to be active that’s great. As long as he’s not calling out a guy he just beat for a meaningless rematch, only to feather his nest (Usman).

He hasn't earned it but not sure anyone else has either so I don't mind. Think Max deserves a shot once he beats Yair. Wouldn't mind if CCC got a shot at it either. Also wouldn't object to Giga fighting Zabit now that he's coming back.

Back