Would anyone have a problem if they made Volkanoviski vs Chikadze right now?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
While i think the winner of Holloway/Yair deserves the next crack, i wanna see some fresh blood in there. And i think they really need to watch out for Chikadze in that division. And he would be the next best choice.

Thoughts??

If he wants to stay active and beat them all then sure why not. Not like there is any method to the madness that is title shots anyway.

One more corpse for the boot of the Volkswagen

I don't, but Alex might have a problem with it. He said he wants to take a fight at LW while Max and Yair decide the next contender.

Not at all. Get it booked for in December.

He needs another win or 2

Yes. Max in on tap (99% chance he beats Yair), and Chikadze needs another healthy win. Give him KZ and see if he can stuff the takedowns.

I'd be cool with it.

Not too keen on Max again, and I don't really see how Yair deserves it. He's beaten Zombie, who isn't that good, and Jeremy since losing to Edgar in 2017. Not a lot amazing names on his resume before that.

If he KO'd Ortega in the first round, sure.

He went 5 hard rounds and got dinged up pretty good, he won't be ready for an immediate turn around.

I'd be cool with it.

Not too keen on Max again, and I don't really see how Yair deserves it. He's beaten Zombie, who isn't that good, and Jeremy since losing to Edgar in 2017. Not a lot amazing names on his resume before that.

Then what amazing names does Giga Chad have in his resume? Barboza probably loses to KZ.

I'm with you. I'd rather Volk fight someone new and active then run back the Max fight a third time.

Honestly, this third fight seemed dumb to me. Are we rally just gonna keep running this fight back until Max wins??
Well he arguably won the second fight and had afterwards a spectacular performence against Katar... he is now fighting Yair... what does a former Champion, arguably the GOAT of the division and a future hall of famer needs more to earn a titelshot?

I'd be cool with it.

zombie isn’t that good? What?

Also :
Chan Sung Jung
Arnold Allen
Yair Rodriguez

Max vs. Yair mid November. Depends how Max ends up after that victory. Alex is ok with fighting MAX next right away...so...I like Giga

Well he arguably won the second fight and had afterwards a spectacular performence against Katar... he is now fighting Yair... what does a former Champion, arguably the GOAT of the division and a future hall of famer needs more to earn a titelshot?
Aldo is the FW GOAT though

Wait for some other for some other people to get their shot. He just had a title shot

Then what amazing names does Giga Chad have in his resume? Barboza probably loses to KZ.

Giga doesn't have much himself, but Cub and Barboza are better wins than Jeremy and Zombie (which he barely scraped by). BJ before losing to Frankie doesn't impress either, and going to a 5 round split against Bruce Lee Roy was absolutely not a good look either.

I'm not saying Giga is super deserving either, just more deserving than Yair at this point.

Not sure who else anyone really wants to see either right now.

Back