Would Anderson shoot in on Isreal or does he have too much pride?

Anderson can do what he wants, he is not in his prime

Great match up with potential to be a snoozer.

Israel should have the speed and chin, Anderson will still have a significant power advantage IMO.

Picking Israel to pick him apart for a late TKO but wouldn't be surprised if Andy pulled something special out.

Man, everyone is actually under estimating Anderson Silva. Anderson motherfucking Silva. Anderson gonna tool this dude.
He is old, his chin, speed, pop are gone, his steroids probably too. It's over, he should retire before it's too late

Silva's wrestling is terrible. He's not terrible off his back, defensively anyway. But if Silva is shooting in this fight, something has terribly gone wrong.

Man, everyone is actually under estimating Anderson Silva. Anderson motherfucking Silva. Anderson gonna tool this dude.
its gonna be 2019 when he fights, lol. father time is undefeated, this not 2012 anymore or even 2015 when he came back after his leg injury. dude got gifted that decision against brunson (im glad he did, btw). compare what israel did to derek and how the fight with andeson and derek went. shows the difference.

Young lion usually beats old lion. Still, people are grossly underestimating the stand up of Anderson. Even at 20% of his old self, he will tool most guys. I lean young lion almost every time but won’t he shocked if Anderson outsrikes this kid.
Old lion is a far better grappler too. This fight is far more even than people think. He just needs to keep his chin down and hands up

Watch the fight. Anderson was terrified of Lee's right hand and kept trying to get the fight to the ground the entire first two rounds.
I’ve watched the fight multiple times. Anderson beats him everywhere. Only KD was by Anderson. Stop bullshitting

He has no way of getting a takedown. His best bet is to pull guard.

Prime Silva would wipe the floor with Israel

Unfortunately Father Time has caught up with him. I hope I’m wrong though

How many 40+ year olds spam takedowns? Can you name any?
Hell, even Randy and Hendo stopped (though Randy would take one if presented, after he set the tone with his boxing).​

How many wrestlers stop going for takedowns in their mid-30's?
All, or almost all, of them.​

How old is Silva? Did Silva ever spam takedowns, even in his prime?
Old, and no.​

The correct answer is he won't, and it's not because of "pride". So stop with that bullshit false narrative right now, please. Thanks.

I'd be happy to see either one of these fighters break a leg. Would be so worth the money.

giphy.gif

I dont think hell shoot.
If he goes for a takedown itll be with a trip... if the fight even makes it inside.
very unlikely this goes to the ground unless someones trying to get the finish after a knockdown.

yeah, he never had much wrestling and now at his age i really doubt he can effectively shoot a double leg td.

You guys are out of your fucking minds if you think Anderson havent extensively train wrestling throughout the course of his career

Anderson’s wrestling isn’t good enough to fight that way

The only takedown I can remember Anderson getting in the UFC iwas against Cote. He also hit that switch against Marquardt.

I highly doubt he shoots and also doubt he can take Israel down.

Anderson is not a better offensive wrestler than Derek Brunson, especially at this age.

Back