Would a callout of MM by TJ (if they both win) generate hype?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It would def not be on "Brock Lesnar get your ass in here" levels but imagine if TJ gets on the mic and calls out one of the best p4p fighters. They are both on the same card so it's fresh. I don't think TJ has the verbal skills to make it too big but it would be smart

I wonder if they will share the bus and the backstage side like the champs usually do?

I don't like the idea of keeping the contenders of BW waiting any longer after making them wait for a an undeserving rubber match. If TJ were to fight MM, it would have been for either this fight, or the one after the next one.

I'd say Garbrandt should have fought Assuncao

Who cares about this stupid fantasy fight anymore. It's not interesting, at all.

I'd certainly much rather see TJ vs DJ instead of an instant rematch for an undeserving Garbrandt.

I want this fight because MM needs to be tested and there isn't anyone left for him, an improved Cedjudo really being the last shot of it in the FLy division. That being said TJ needs to smash Cody again and beat Marlon IMO. Sure, there's Cruz rematch but I can do without that and Assuncao is content with beating everyone in the division and not demanding a title shot.

Flyweight division is shit, this is the only fight that more than a few thousand people will pay to see in that division.

Unfortunately, it's gonna be hard to create much hype with 100,000 viewers. If DJ wanted to make this fight big (or make it at all), he should have been there to step into the cage against TJ when he was calling him out on a massive ppv card.

It's bad enough Cody gets a rematch instead of Assuncao or Moraes getting the shot, we don't need the top contenders waiting on a title shot any longer...

He should wear a T-shirt with a missing persons like pic of MM on it during all promotional stuff.

They'll probably put them to coach TUF in 2019 and scheduled to fight in 2020 then MM will pull out due to injury.

It would def not be on "Brock Lesnar get your ass in here" levels but imagine if TJ gets on the mic and calls out one of the best p4p fighters. They are both on the same card so it's fresh. I don't think TJ has the verbal skills to make it too big but it would be smart

No. Maybe if they grew a foot.

The fans and TJ are interested

The UFC and DJ are not. That's a problem

Especially since it isn't even a foregone conclusion TJ will be champ by the end of the night

TJ has consistently been calling DJ out with nothing materializing. I think the sticking point is at what division will go down. only one of the guys can go down as a two division champ. if DJ moves up a division and loses then he has a built in excuse for not succeeding

I'd certainly much rather see TJ vs DJ instead of an instant rematch for an undeserving Garbrandt.

Agreed, but Garbrant will win this fight and TJ will go back to fighting contenders while Garbrandt fights MM and they sell about 300k if lucky.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back