worst plot holes in movies

I want you banned from this thread! Tarantino is a a master and your supposed "plot hole" is a joke of logic.

"Master" is a bit much don't you think?

Reservoir dogs, pulp fiction , and django were all very good
kill bill 1&2 , jackie Brown both sucked ass

Elia kazan is/was a master
Scorsese is/was a master

Tarantino is a good director......but he's a waaaaaaaay better screenwriter

In the movie he only really drops off like one gift per house, it would be easy for parents to forget all the crap they bought their kids and just assume they bought the extra gift.
A mystery gift every year for every kid and no adult ever realizes it. Some families that could be 3-5 mystery gifts a year, seems like a glaring plot hole to me.

Return of the Jedi - Storm Troopers' blast armor doesn't protect them from the stones and sticks of Ewoks. Not really a plot hole, just more stupid shit about storm troopers, they can't shot straight and they wear useless armor. This is the army that built the Galactic Empire, getting beatup and killed by midget bears armed with sharpened sticks.

The Karate Kid - Valley tournament rules ban kicks to the face, Daniel-san wins with a kick to the face.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Blofeld doesn't initially recognize Bond even though in a previous movie, You Only Live Twice, they were face to face. Blofeld doesn't remember the spy that ruined one of his previous plots?
Guess, this could be used as evidence that "James Bond" is a codename passed from agent to agent and not the same man.

I always found it kinda of funny people will buy into certain points of a movie but not others. I remember watching lord of the rings in theatres and buddy hits a guy with an arrow from a great distance and some one behind me was like" no way could he have hit him from there". Lol you are watching a movie about dwarves and elves and that's what you can't believe

It's an M. Night Shaymalan movie, don't try to make sense of the "plot".

They spent what, a week at most with Marty/Calvin Klein? Yeah, 5 November 1955 to 12 November 1955. Do you remember everyone you spent a week with 30 years ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopilot

Vader wasn't aware his children survived the death of their mother. I can't even recall if he was aware that she was having twins. Vader had an entire galaxy to watch over, never mind one kid from one planet with his name that he wasn't even aware existed. So, it's not inconceivable that he wouldn't find Luke. Besides, only a handful of people knew that Vader was Skywalker, and I would assume that they were all running interference to make sure that Luke's name/heritage was not broadcast to the galaxy.

They have advanced solar/lunar positioning, so their feeding cycles adjust to local time? Eh, this one I just ignore. They're fun movies and Phoebe Cates is hot.

You googled these answers or are a master of fucking shit up.

I mentioned plot holes. Period. Doesnt mean I didnt like the movies listed nor does it make them bad.

IRON..MAN..3..

Not really a plot hole per se. So you mean to tell me that they waited 3 movies to take the shrapnel out of his heart. As a result, it defeats the whole purpose of the franchise.

Dark Knight rises: bruce walking perfectly, bruce sneaking into the city, wouldn't Bane be in his 50's if he met talia as a teen? Wouldn't the city have nuclear fallout from the bomb?, the list goes on. Watch everything wrong with TDKR

Cat woman silently sneaking up on bane with the biggest and loudest motorbike of all time.

Return of the Jedi - Storm Troopers' blast armor doesn't protect them from the stones and sticks of Ewoks. Not really a plot hole, just more stupid shit about storm troopers, they can't shot straight and they wear useless armor. This is the army that built the Galactic Empire, getting beatup and killed by midget bears armed with sharpened sticks.

The whole Ewoks thing was just stupid. I remember when Jedi came out we went to see it and saying to myself, "what the fuck are these teddy bears doing running around in the forest?"

The Karate Kid - Valley tournament rules ban kicks to the face, Daniel-san wins with a kick to the face.

That was another 'WTF' when I saw it in the theatre.

I just watched KK3 for the first based on the mayberry thread. Mike Barnes gets warned the first time he lands a strike and then proceeds to go full contact for the entire match without any further caution.

You googled these answers or are a master of fucking shit up.

I mentioned plot holes. Period. Doesnt mean I didnt like the movies listed nor does it make them bad.

You called them plot holes, I disagreed and gave my reasons/theories why. Made no mention on your opinion of the movies as a whole.

The whole Ewoks thing was just stupid. I remember when Jedi came out we went to see it and saying to myself, "what the fuck are these teddy bears doing running around in the forest?"

The original plan was Endor to be the home of the Wookies, but budgetary concerns saw them shrunk down to Munchkin size.

Pretty cool. My logic behind it was that the Eagles had no natural enemies or threats to their mountaintop homes other than dragons and fellbeasts (so they avoided getting involved against Sauron and Smaug). Also were independent, viewed themselves as superior to other beings in Middle Earth, and didn't take the rising threat of Sauron seriously (like most people outside of Gondor). Only helping Gandalf since he had healed the Eagle leader sometime in the past. Though they did later go against all this thinking in the final battle in front of the Black Gate.

As explained in the books, the eagles refused to fly over dangerous land where they might be shot down by arrows. It makes no sense that they would have shown up at the battle. Just a stupid, contrived, nonsensical addiction by Jackson.

As explained in the books, the eagles refused to fly over dangerous land where they might be shot down by arrows. It makes no sense that they would have shown up at the battle. Just a stupid, contrived, nonsensical addiction by Jackson.

Read it again. The eagles do help out in the battle at the black gate. ROTK - Part 2 - Chapter 4.

All about the hills the hosts of Mordor raged. The Captains of the West were foundering in a gathering sea. The sun gleamed red, and under the wings of the Nazg

Citizen Kane - Kane died alone, so who heard him say "Rosebud"?

Wasn't it a maid who was coming to bring him dinner or something?

I don't remember exactly, but I think I remember the reporter speaks with the woman who heard his last word.

Read it again. The eagles do help out in the battle at the black gate. ROTK - Part 2 - Chapter 4.

I stand corrected. Been about 10 years since I read those books.

I still think it's stupid and contrived though.

Wasn't it a maid who was coming to bring him dinner or something?

I don't remember exactly, but I think I remember the reporter speaks with the woman who heard his last word.
Kane is alone in his room when he dies; he mutters "Rosebud", drops his snow globe and dies. Then his nurse opens the door and enters the room.

I guess the butler while not on camera is still in the room when he dies.

Citizen Kane - Kane died alone, so who heard him say "Rosebud"?

lol been a long time since i saw that. But yeah, you got people wondering what he meant by his last words but no one was there he when he said them.

"Master" is a bit much don't you think?

Reservoir dogs, pulp fiction , and django were all very good
kill bill 1&2 , jackie Brown both sucked ass

Elia kazan is/was a master
Scorsese is/was a master

Tarantino is a good director......but he's a waaaaaaaay better screenwriter

I have thought this same exact thing. He is very good at creating a scene. His script for True Romance I thought was one of his best and I am and I have heard that he was too in an interview happy that someone else directed it. In my opinion, I would say that he is the best script writer in the last 20 years.

He is a good director but I kind question how good of a movie he could put together with someone else's script. The guy thought in my book is one of the most talented guys in hollywood. All of his movies I have enjoyed and he is I think one of the only guys that writes AND directs his own movies. It is too bad that he will be retiring soon. He says that doing the whole package is a young man's thing and he is getting too old for it.

Back