Worst Oscar winners/ Biggest snubs

Annie Hall over Star Wars
Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan
Chicago over The Two Towers

didnt sandra bullock win one? i honestly think she's a bad actress

Yes, for her leading role in The Blind Side, over that black thing from Precious.

Taxi Driver didn't win a single Oscar. Let that sink in. Not the directing, not the score, not Robert Fucking De Niro.

Annie Hall over Star Wars

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Don't know if mentioned yet (after 29 pages, probably was), but Julia Roberts's generic "Strong Woman" performance in 'Erin Brockovich' over Ellen Burstyn brilliant performance in 'Requiem for a Dream'.

Don't know if mentioned yet (after 29 pages, probably was), but Julia Roberts's generic "Strong Woman" performance in 'Erin Brockovich' over Ellen Burstyn brilliant performance in 'Requiem for a Dream'.

Literally 8 posts ago........ ;-)

Oscars are now more about who brings the ratings more than who deserves to win.

I think world cinema has just as many (if not more) classics than American cinema, yet a foreign language film never won best picture, thats a joke.

Also, they have this trend that they give oscar some directors waaaaay after they made their best works. When the popularity of the brand of "Scorsese" started to get close to the brand of "OSCAR", they quickly threw one award to him, for Departed. Which was a great film, no doubt, but not comparable to the masters best work.

The question wasnt if Scorsese has an Oscar yet, but if Oscar has Scorsese. Watch out for Tarantino getting an Oscar for something thats not half as good or groundbreaking as Pulp Fiction.

Every now and then they get things right (this happened mostly around the 70s tho, but that year that had Black Swan was also strong. And so is this year), but overall too much politics, pretentiousness, USA-bias, and more than anything, business decisions to put any weight on the Academy Awards, in my opinion :)

Back