Worst mistake in UFC fight

How about Dan Hardy winning vs Chris Lytle then in round 3 Hardy goes for a takedown to "secure" his win and Lytle catches him coming in with a choke and subs him.
13_medium.gif
Probably just as bad or worse is when Alves did the same to Kampmann. There was no question Alves was up 2, even all 3 rounds. There was just 1 minute left

O'Malley vs Andre Soukhamthath was ridiculous, so the fight was 1-1 and into the 3rd round and O'Malley was hopping on one leg and in agony, he couldn't put any weight on it at all and all that Andre had to do was throw some leg kicks or just tee off on the feet.. and what does he do? he starts trying to take him down and grapple lol, I couldn't believe what I was watching, O'Malley's face just lit up like he had won Gold, it was like a winning lottery ticket for him.

To make matters worse he actually tries to take him down by the fence, so O'Malley could just rest all his weight onto the fence and not on his leg. A lot of people on here was so shocked that they said he threw the fight on purpose and it wasn't bad IQ because Dana was sitting cageside fuming, his face was red raw.. he had hyped up Sean a lot from the show. I don't think Andre threw the fight though I think it was just dreadful fight IQ and an awful choice
Did we finally get any insight on this ? Would it be possible that the guy didn't notice the obvious?
Maybe I'm too kind, trying to find excuses to stupidity lol.

K-1 Andy Wang
Tiptoes Penn was a pretty fucking bad decision too

Thanks for posting it, so that I don't have to type those painful words.
... Damn it
I'm still on the "it was clearly a sweep" train. I've broken it down in gif form before here too. I'm just not seeing eye to eye with the 'falling back for a submission' group

Last edited:
O'Malley vs Andre Soukhamthath was ridiculous, so the fight was 1-1 and into the 3rd round and O'Malley was hopping on one leg and in agony, he couldn't put any weight on it at all and all that Andre had to do was throw some leg kicks or just tee off on the feet.. and what does he do? he starts trying to take him down and grapple lol, I couldn't believe what I was watching, O'Malley's face just lit up like he had won Gold, it was like a winning lottery ticket for him.

To make matters worse he actually tries to take him down by the fence, so O'Malley could just rest all his weight onto the fence and not on his leg. A lot of people on here was so shocked that they said he threw the fight on purpose and it wasn't bad IQ because Dana was sitting cageside fuming, his face was red raw.. he had hyped up Sean a lot from the show. I don't think Andre threw the fight though I think it was just dreadful fight IQ and an awful choice
Sean was beating his ass too. Was probably close to finishing him.

Tiptoes Penn was a pretty fucking bad decision too
Or a lost bet. Also reminds me of my cat when he walks sideways in front of other cats to appear bigger. <45>

I'm still on the "it was clearly a sweep" train. I've broken it down in gif form before here too
I try not to overthink it, but, for example, I have zero problem with his second TS loss, Jones is just the better fighter. But I still think Ciryl could, should've won the title against Ngannou. I fear that with the new contenders in town, he might not have a lot of other opportunities.
I've been really disappointed that night.

I'm sure he can still beat most HW fighters though.

Right off the bat, Stipe thinking Frank was rocked, and charging at him. Not a fortunate fella to be moving into the fist of Frank when he throws leather. The laws of force and physics were not on Stipe's side.

Costa made a big mistake leaving his hind quarters exposed when knocked out.

For 2023 is Matt Frevola's separation with hands down and giving him angle for high kick against BSD.

It's really hard to call it the worst error. It was a calculated move he's done for years that had paid off for him. Most MMA fighters don't double up the same hand when striking. They punch left, right, left, right, and for years we loved watching Silva weave and slide around those strikes like he knew where they'd be coming from. In fact, he kind of did. He stayed at the range of striaght punches where only the jab and right hand were legitimate threats, and he knew that they would alternate their strikes. If he had their speed figured, it was easy.

Weidman, to his and his team's credit, tried doubling up on the one hand so Silva would have to slip back and be range of the other hand, whereas typically that slip would have been to the outside of the hand that hit him.

It's less Silva's glaring error than it was Weidman's clever adjustment.
Yep, watching the Forrest fight, Silva knew it would be left right left right and ended up entering the matrix due to Forrest’s rudimentary boxing

Of course. How could we forget the excellent decision to immediately close distance and leave the ground against the world renowned judo/armbar queen.

I do not possess that ability
552641-terminator-2-sudnyi-den-terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg
I had to insert an ice pick just next to my right eye, my lobotomised self doesn’t overthink much anymore, the problem is that I sometimes hceijejcefivefoczdjcerk ce’eadcoefcnj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back