Worst mistake in UFC fight

Colby not only lost teh fight vs Edwards due to not spamming TD's... he also lost a lot of fans, myself included, who felt like he didn't give it his all.

By memory, it's GOTTA be grappling a one-legged man. I dont care how tired or hurt you might be yourself, if you somehow don't pick up on that glaring weakness and attack it, I gotta ask how you're a fighter at all.

Shouldn't have gotten swept then.
He didn't get swept iirc, he went for an ankle lock from guard. Will rewatch to confirm.

Edit: You are correct. I apologize unreservedly.

Last edited:
He didn't get swept iirc, he went for an ankle lock from guard. Will rewatch to confirm.

You are correct. I apologize unreservedly.
Happy to help
giphy.gif

Though not in UFC, but Fedor jumping into Werdums guard and getting caught was sad to see, when it was appearing to be yet another monumental GOAT legacy performance...
If we're counting not in the UFC, "Hello Japan" has got to be the stupidest.

*edit*
Boom, there it is! v.v

One of the worst mistakes in the highest of stakes was for the HW belt. Gane being on top of Francis in the 5th and going for the leg.

Edit: just glanced over the thread and this was mentioned multiple times, glad I'm not the only one to think that it was the ultimate retard move.

I'd say Rumble trying to wrestle DC and take him down instead of punching him out is up there.
He's one of the best KO artists of all time and instead of trying to KO Cormier he's wrestling an Olympic wrestler.

If he'd just attempted to establish distance and box, Cormier would have outworked him regardless, and he'd still have put Rumble on the mat. He felt confident that he could challenge him there in order to keep the fight standing, but clearly that wasn't going to happen.

One of the worst mistakes in the highest of stakes was for the HW belt. Gane being on top of Francis in the 5th and going for the leg.

Edit: just glanced over the thread and this was mentioned multiple times, glad I'm not the only one to think that it was the ultimate retard move.
But it didn't happen, Sherbro

It was right after a fight. But my vote goes to..

Cejudo’s fake retirement.

He threw away many millions of dollars. And any leverage he had. What a dumbass. 2, or 3 more wins at BW back then and he could have gotten the free TS at FW. He could possibly have made history as a 3 division champion.

Now I am just reminded how weak his resume really was. He didn’t beat DJ, imo. Won the vacant title with a free TS at BW. And cherry picked his only defence at BW against an unranked guy that had not fought in 3.5 years.

Saw this on another sight and thought is was interesting. Lot's of critique on fight IQ on Sherdog; lots of tactical errors from fighters over the years. This is indeed one of the biggest. What do you got?
View attachment 1019801

It's really hard to call it the worst error. It was a calculated move he's done for years that had paid off for him. Most MMA fighters don't double up the same hand when striking. They punch left, right, left, right, and for years we loved watching Silva weave and slide around those strikes like he knew where they'd be coming from. In fact, he kind of did. He stayed at the range of striaght punches where only the jab and right hand were legitimate threats, and he knew that they would alternate their strikes. If he had their speed figured, it was easy.

Weidman, to his and his team's credit, tried doubling up on the one hand so Silva would have to slip back and be range of the other hand, whereas typically that slip would have been to the outside of the hand that hit him.

It's less Silva's glaring error than it was Weidman's clever adjustment.

Saw this on another sight and thought is was interesting. Lot's of critique on fight IQ on Sherdog; lots of tactical errors from fighters over the years. This is indeed one of the biggest. What do you got?
View attachment 1019801
I still think Anderson did not really carexwhat happened that fight. No version of Weidman beats even a slightly sliding Anderson barring a freak break like their second fight. Andy was just clowning him not caring if he lost he was either going to put on a show or get kod an he didn't care which.

Back