Worst mismatch in UFC history

tumblr_mf7a3rXXPC1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Beat me to it! This hands down.

The only answer is Toney vs Randy. 0 mma experience, fighting in the worlds most elite MMA organization, against 1 of only two men to hold two championships in two different weight classes in said organization...

How that fight was ever sanctioned is insane.

giphy.gif

Sad thing is that he lasted longer than Aldo.

Not the worst in history but I agree Breese-Nakamura is terrible. No idea why Joe Silva made the fight. I thought the odds would be wider.

I don't think it'll be as bad as Rumble-Yoshida, but I think the poor smaller JMMA fella is getting knocked out.

Siver - Phan. It's just that nobody knew how bad of a mismatch it was beforehand. I've seen closer fights in Bully Beatdown. I want to say major MMA outlets like Sherdog scored rounds 10-7 in that one.

He jumped in to stop a fight at an early UFC event and broke the winner's nose in the process.

I had never heard that before. It made me go search around the Internet to find out what happened. I found this interview someone did with BJM and it was the fight between Brian Johnston and Reza Nasri and John actually didn't break his nose but hit him pretty good...heh.

And so as not to pull a KenFlo the original interview was from www.thegarv.com

Interviewer: Then you started reffing and at UFC 11, Brian Johnston. When you broke up the fight it appears as though you broke his nose in the process. Is that correct?

BJM: No, it's not correct. But it's a good story, everyone goes with it.

Interviewer: I remember that fight and it looked like you hit him a good shot to the nose.

BJM: I did. I did hit him. My forearm hit his nose. What happened was Brian was fighting a guy named Reza Nasri, who was a wrestler from Iran. They had some bad blood before it and Reza was saying he was going to do certain things to Brian. And during the fight, Brian actually, he hurt Reza Nasri right away as Reza was trying to come in on him. And when I stopped the fight it was because Brian Johnston had actually broken Reza's nose and driven it as far over as I had ever seen anyone with a broken nose, drove his nose over in towards his right eye. And that's where I went in to get Brian off him and my forearm came up as I was trying to lift Brian up to push him out of there. And it did hit Brian's nose. It didn't break it, but it did draw some blood from it. And it was funny because the first thing he did was damn John you hit my nose. You can see that. But then he started yelling at Reza Nasri, you know, saying what now and some other expletives and stuff, but everyone looked at it like he was yelling at me.

Any Takenori Sato fight in the UFC. His fight with Erick Silva and Lim where painful to watch. Total mismatches.
Those were brutal, Erick was a full weightclass above him, and Lim is usually a full weight class above the average WW, so do the math hahaha.

Mark Kerr vs that US Ranger guy.

You only have to look one second at both guys to realise that this wasn't going to end well. .

He jumped in to stop a fight at an early UFC event and broke the winner's nose in the process.
I remember that.. The guy was pissed and he flipped John off and was saying fuck you.

I thought it was weird because he just won so I was thinking "he won why is he saying fuck you to the guy he just KOed?"

It was years later that I found out about BJM breaking his nose. Do you remember the guy's name?

Mark Kerr vs that US Ranger guy.

You only have to look one second at both guys to realise that this wasn't going to end well. .
Don Frye also had a fight against some fat slob that is on the original ultimate knockouts.

I remember thinking "oh god, that fat guy is fucked, why would they even make this fight?"

The fight was over in about 10 seconds, frye hit him with a jab and the guy was KOed badly against the cage with his eyes open.

That TUF runner-up Tommy Speer got a crack at the UFC and was absolutely manhandled by Rumble

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie was something too.

Lol now I want to watch Charlie Brennemen get his shit pushed in. Going to MMA core now

Bader vs Perosh. Just three rounds of one sided ass kicking. By the end of the second I was ready for them to call it.

Bader vs Perosh. Just three rounds of one sided ass kicking. By the end of the second I was ready for them to call it.

That was one fight where I was like come on ... corner, ref, somebody step in and stop this shit

very few fights are mismatches on paper. and sometimes fights seem like mismatches and we find out they weren't. Lil Nog was a -2000 favorite against Sokoudjou and got obliterated.

Toney/Couture is definitely a mismatch but what happened in that fight was one of the obvious results people assumed could happen. That fight could have just as easily looked like Mercer/Sylvia. RDA/Conor might have looked like Toney/Couture. That's the point of pitting style versus style.

Back